Surprise ✔️

Alexandra

I wake up to hear my phone's ringtone, the Super Mario Bros. theme song. Even though I knew who it was, I still looked to see. It was the infamous Michael Clifford. The contact name in my phone came up as, Gamer Lord. I let out a snort and wonder how he got into my phone to change it. I have not seen him or the other guys in a while and I miss them so much.

Sure, we videochat and talk on the phone but the meetings in person hold better meaning and claim a valuable place in my heart. Each time I see them, there is always an unforgettable moment that happens with the guys.

Thinking about how we have not seen each other in a long time, I consider that we have not talked since the last time we have seen each other.

"Hello?"

"Hi fellow gamer!" I heard laughs from the boys and I am forced to hold the phone a mere inch from my ear to possibly soften the blow of their screaming.

"Michael, did you put me on speaker phone? You know how I hate my disgusting morning voice." I rubbed my eyes and sat up with my legs crossed on my bed.

"Oh it's morning over there? Oh my goodness, I forgot." The guilt in his voice grew evident and strings pull at my heart when I picture the pout on his face. 

I heard a familiar scoff and could not stop my eyes rolling to the back of my head. No one does that except the one and only, Calum Hood.

He has had this hatred towards me ever since my band and I started to grow our relationship with his. The girls have no problem with him but his attitude clearly changes when I enter the room.

When we first met, there was no issue at all. He was carefree and did not mind one bit about conversing with me. However two years later, it feels that Calum has some sort of vendetta against me.

"Something got your throat, Hood?" I bite back to make sure I let him know that I heard him. The line goes silent for a quick second and I clear my own throat to make his band members feel less awkward.

"So what makes you call at," I look over at my clock to check the time, "10:30 in the morning?" I brush my messy hair away from my face with my free hand.

"Oh, we called just to say that we are leaving tomorrow morning to go over to L.A." The blonde, Luke Hemmings, responded.

"Yay! I miss y'all so much! I cannot wait to see you guys!" I pipe up and randomly walk over to sit by my window due to the jitters fueling my movements.

"That makes one of us." Calum mutters and I involuntarily roll my eyes once more. I swear, I am surprised my eyes are not stuck yet.

I do not try to muffle my obvious yawn into the phone. "Sorry, you were boring me. Are you done?" I snap and I could hear the rest of his band mentally groan. I feel so terrible to have them on the middle of the "feud," but their dark-haired band member needs an attitude check.

"We can't wait to see you too, love. Have a great day and say hi to the others for us!" Michaels voice seemed rush, then went dead after. I groan and pinch the bridge of my nose. Why can't I have a decent conversation with the boys?

I smiled and began to excitedly dance around my room when the fact that I am going to see the rest of the boys settled in.

I dash out of my room but tiptoe down the wooden staircase. I had to be quiet since the other girls were sleeping soundly. I always wake up early to go down to the basement to either write music or prepare for deejaying gigs. There, we have built a studio for either hangouts or music purposes.