Oh baby! ✔️

Alexandra

As I slept, I thought about Calum and how much time we've been spending together. Well, my mind thought about it and my belly... I'm not quite sure if it hated or loved it.

My slumber basically consisted of planning how I'm going to tell Cal. Or if I should tell him at all. I don't think he will be too happy about the news since it's with his best friend and all. Especially if his best friend likes the same girl, which is me in this case.

"Good morning." I turn to see Madi laying in her bed beside me. It felt kind of weird to see her awake at such an early hour, but when I notice that it's almost two o'clock in the afternoon, pieces of the puzzle begin to connect. "How did the doctors go?" Crap. I forgot that I didn't tell anyone. I quickly shoved my current thoughts away and came up with a lie.

"It was good." I respond with my usual saying. Nice one, Alex. You should win a Noble Prize.

Before Madi can say anything else, I stand up to go to the bathroom. I close the door after me and stare right into the clear mirror. I have a feeling she sees right through me. I mean, she's practically my family for goodness sakes!

I comb my fingers through my messy, loose hairs before my hand travels down to my tummy. I brush my fingers carefully across my stomach. I then place my full hand on the top of my tummy and exhale.

There's a little one growing in there, Alexandra, I imagine my mother saying to me with her sweet whisper of a voice. I know that even though I am pregnant at a young age, she would still accept the situation and encourage me to stay strong.

Smiling to myself, I walk out the bathroom and pull on a grey sweatshirt and striped socks. I still have on my clothes that I wore yesterday before I slept, which was blue plaid pajama pants and a custom shirt I received from a fan.

I take out my hair tie from my braid and flip my head down while letting my long hair fall. I shake out the waves and part my hair once I flipped it back.

I grab my phone before walking out the room without telling Madi anything. I didn't hear a peep from her, so I assume she fell back asleep into one of her "power naps." I go over to Cal's room and walk in.

I wasn't supposed to go out of the room but I chose to be a rebel. Yes, a rebel.

I continue to walk in and suddenly stop in my tracks when I see the things happening right I front of me. It was Calum with his laptop on his lap. He was laughing and smiling wide with the corners of his eyes crinkling. I guess he was video chatting with a family member.

My guess turned out wrong when I hear a soft, young feminine voice, which did not sound like his sister whatsoever. I feel my whole body deflating, melting like an ice cube or wilting like a flower. Whatever you want to call it, I swear my heart just got ripped out and shredded into tiny pieces. I instinctively clutch my arms around my tummy protectively before gripping my phone a little harder when Cal notices me.

I force a smile and greet him. Here goes plan B, which is ABORT ANY KIND OF MISSION YOU WERE PLANNING BEFORE. There's really no point in trying for an actual plan but let's try anyway. I truly do not know the reason why I suddenly walked in his room, but I felt the need to tell him after I thought of my mother. She always scorned me to tell the truth, even though I felt that they wouldn't like it. He deserves the truth.

Much to my dismay, Calum introduces me to the girl on the other screen.

"This is Reagan." I force my smile to stay on my lips and I grip my phone tighter, thus making my knuckles pale. Cal doesn't give her a title but I could tell it's something more than friends. "So whatcha doin' here?"