At Fault ✔️

Alexandra

I smile at his joke, but he doesn't and my grin falters. He meant it.

I try to say something but my mouth is dry of words. Cal just looks at me like I'm some monster and it fills more guilt in me. We both just stand there in completely silence. My legs weaken and my arms feel like puppet strings. I feel like a burning building about to collapse. I have to squeeze my eyes shut to not let my tears run.

"I couldn't handle it anymore, Calum."

I hear screaming and paintball shots coming closer and I have a hard time breathing.

"Hide!" I hear Andy scream and I lose it. I run to the side room biting my lip to prevent it from quivering.

I swing the door open and face Mason and the others. I can feel all their eyes on me. I look down at my suit to see no paintball splatters so I had no excuse to make.

I shove past them and find an empty room with the sunlight shining through the open windows. I lock the door and find a corner to cry in. As I set down my paintball gun, tears are already welling up in my goggles. I take them off and doesn't take a moment to wipe my face. I sit down huddled up in the corner.

It's all my fault. My bratty self just went by myself and didn't even care about the feelings of the father of the baby. Now I'm here crying, because I was too scared to tell Luke. Why am I so selfish?

Well the cats out of the bag now, so I bet he's still sitting there and thinking that I've done the wrong thing. To top the sundae off, Luke and the rest are still out there, and Luke is probably wondering what the heck happened.

This was not how I planned it.

Luke

All of a sudden my favorite brunette runs past me and inside away from the field area. I look in her trails in confusion as one of my bandmate jogs to me from where she was.

Cal stares at me wide eyes while being not sure what to do. "What just happened?" I ask and he looks at me with a blank stare. He opens his mouth but nothing comes out.

"Whatever. I need to talk to her." I brush him off and run to the side room. I walk in and everyone's standing there muttering to themselves.

"Where's Alex?" I feel myself start to panic, only because of her current condition being pregnant and all. Especially with my baby penguin.

"Why?" Natalie asks knitting her eyebrows together in annoyance when I only asked her a simple question. Well, someone's in a bad mood. I have absolutely no time for this.

"Well, nevermind that dammit!" I say gripping onto my hair. I'm usually not the one to curse but at this rate, I need to find her. She can hurt herself at any moment and I just want her to be safe. My adrenaline is shooting through the roof and everyone is getting in the way.

"I just asked you why," she mutters while crossing her arms and looking down at her shoes. I want to apologize to her but I really need to find Alex and talk to her.

"And I just asked where she is," I cross my arms as well. "I need to go talk to her!" I say getting frustrated because all they do is stand there and not answer me.

"Woah there. Calm down Luke, what's wrong?" Madi comes and puts a hand on my shoulder out of sympathy. I close my eyes and feel the anger melt away. I inhale slowly through my nose and exhale back out from my mouth.

"Nothing's wrong. I just need to talk to her. Can I please know where she is?" I say through my clenched teeth. I shove my unoccupied hand in my pocket, trying not to lose it in front of everyone.