On the Road Again ✔️

Alexandra

I groan while walking back to the bunks from the back of the bus. We're on the road again to make our way to Dallas, Texas.

I slowly roll into the closest bed and bury myself into the thick sheets. My head pounded furiously at the excitement from last night as well as the excitement currently boiling to be back to my home-state.

The sun is shining and I doubt the boys have gotten any sleep.

A neon orange cup appears in front of my eyes and I look up to see who it was. Calum nods slightly and I strain a thanks from my throat.

"Take these," Calum holds out two pills, preferably Advil, for me to take. One by one I pop them into my mouth and swallow. I sip the water and realize it's warm to settle my overactive nerves. I drink all of the water contained in the cup and hold the warm cup in my hands as it acts like a campfire on a chilly night.

He takes a seat on the edge of the bunk and I bring up my knees to make room. Then, Cal brings down my legs just to lay them down on his lap.I guess he sees the confusion laced across my face because he starts to laugh. "I was going to talk to you but apparently you don't want me here."

"Well, I was gonna lay down for awhile and maybe take a nap." I let out before I could catch myself say it. A glance of hurt comes on his face and I feel the guilt sitting hard on my shoulders. Shouldn't he be used to our bickering my now?

"Yeah- I-I guess," Calum starts to stutter and I open my mouth to say something but he beats me to it. "Have you seen Luke?" Calum questions as he starts to stand up from the bunk. I tilt my head at his choice of band members to talk to. Sure, they talk but there is still this underlying tension between them and I dislike how I know I am the cause of it.

"Well, I dunno. How could he get lost in this very big bus?" I said sarcastically to him to lift this weird weight off of us, which was the usual ice breaker for us two.

"I'll see ya later." Cal rolled his eyes with a small smile on his face before moving towards the back of the tour bus and I could hear his laughing. Well, my ice breaker worked.

But also I scared him off. Great, Alexandra. That is like the last thing I want, which is to scare off people. I slap myself with the pillow and grab my phone. I adjust my position on the bunk. I turned facing the other bunks and leaving my legs out.

My phone rings with the ringtone of an audio message of Madi saying 'Shut Up'. It's Hunter. I coordinated it to where it was both her and her family's ringtone. I need to change it because it is extremely annoying.

I place my right thumb over the answer button before I hear a loud screech and everything turns blank.

•••••

THE END

Don't leave just yet because there's one more chapter left ----------------->