Dresses, Red Carpet, & VMA's (part 2) ✔️

This will only be Cal's POV of the last chapter. I know that it'll be somewhat repetitive but I feel like it would make things more interesting, enjoy ;)

Calum

When I trudged down the stairs, there was no one to be seen and I immediately grew confused. I never woke up before anyone else, since I always to slept in much to everyone's dismay. I assumed everyone was tired and I make my cup of tea quietly before walking into the living room. I will not be surprised if they left me at home though. They usually complain about me not being able to wake up early. Damn, early birds.

As I take a sip of my beverage and glance at my phone, I look up to stop in my tracks and nearly drop my mug.

The television was still playing and on the ground I spot Luke and Alex sleeping with each other's limbs tangled together. I squeeze my eyes shut to keep my rage in check. My thoughts squirmed endlessly throughout my mind as I paced on the carpet, trying to figure out what I shall do. My hand gripped my phone furiously like I was trying to see if it would break. I finally place my cup down and storm off outside to the pool with the desire to punch something.

Questions flooded my head as the wind blew against my face: Why did this affect me so much? I know they are just really good friends but, why Alex? Why can't he cuddle with someone else?

I wish I could tell her my feelings for her. Wait, what am I saying? I do not have anything for her.

I shake my head in denial. Why do I feel like I am willing to take the risk of her not feeling the same way? Because you want to her to know how you feel, my subconscious says and I mentally roll my eyes. No, of course not, I think to myself. I go on to think about how her smile makes my nerves go crazy and raise goosebumps on my skin due to it being so breathtaking. I groan, frustrated at myself.

I sit down on a pool chair and lean my elbows on my knees while my hands pulled at the ends of my hair. I don't get it. Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe I could get her- I get interrupted by the sound of Madi's voice.

As Madi places a hand on my shoulder. When I immediately relax, I notice how tense I became earlier. I open my mouth to try and explain myself but no words could escape.

"I know. You don't have to tell me." She reassures as she rubs my back. I close my eyes and drop my head into my hands. Why does she know about me more than I know myself?

Because you're an idiot, my subconscious mentions and I instantly shut it out but I know he's right. I am an idiot.

"I don't know what to say." I swallow the dense lump forming in my throat.

"There's nothing to say really. Just remember that there's still hope." Madi replies with a comforting voice and smiles.

I exhale a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Thanks Ma-."

"Just like I am hoping you could stop being an ass. I mean, you could try being nice to her for once. I hate seeing my best friend hurt." She interrupts me which causes me to frown. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but for Madi to confront me about it? I definitely am doing everything wrong.

"I think we need to go." Madi does not leave time to defend myself and points behind her with her thumb hearing the tour bus engine. I nodded before getting up to help load the bus with our belongings.