Back To Normal? ✔️

Alexandra

My phone shouts Fall Out Boy in result of my early alarm. I reach over for my phone and turned the alarm off while searching over my shoulder to see Madi still sleeping. Noticing the lack of sunlight peeking through the curtains, I groan in annoyance with myself. There wasn't light even out yet!

I rub my eyes and get out of bed. I'll let Madi sleep since she will surely be grumpy if I wake her up now. I go into the bathroom and cringe when I see myself in the mirror. My hair needs some TLC. No, not the girl group. Even though, they would probably get the job done, too.

I lightly brush the tangles out of my hair and scrub my teeth with the rest of the energy that I have left. I throw my suitcase on my bed and pack up after leaving out a loose flannel and jeans. I then proceed to change out of my clothes and slip on the pieces of clothing I set aside. I tie my sweatshirt I was wearing last night on my waist, just in case that I become cold again.

I grab one of my pillows and turn around to where Madi is sleeping. I casually rip the blanket off of her and she groans, but still continues to sleep. Well then, here we go. I hit her with the pillow.

"Wake up, Madison Charlotte Williams." I hit her again, but harder than before which makes her sit right up. "How dare you call me by my whole name?!" Madi grabs her pillow, throwing it in my direction and I block it with my own pillow.

"Well you weren't awake!" I laugh loudly as she flips me off. This is been my normal routine ever since we started tour and I have no idea why Madi is not used to it by now.

"Well, I'm awake now!"

"C'mon idiot, get ready. You got ten minutes." I zip up my suitcase while Madi is running around quickly and complaining to me how I should've woke her up earlier. I roll my eyes, "Really? You're gonna ask me that when you are the one yelling at me for waking you up? Wow."

"Shut up, we don't need to talk about that" I scoff to hide how impressed I was at her multitasking. Chuckling at myself, I reach for my phone on the night stand and notice that there's a small, white box beside it. Huh, that wasn't there last night when I plugged in my phone. I grab it and open it curiously to see what it is. Inside, I find a green shoelace with written words on it.

"Oh, that's from Luke. He left it when you were sleeping last night. He had a matching one on his shoe. It's cute what he did." Madi says finishing up and sitting down on the bed across from me. I look up to see her smiling brightly.

I look down back at the shoelace and smile. I take it out and tie it on my wrist. It perfectly blends in with my other bracelets. You can barely recognize it from afar, which is my goal since I only wanted this to be between Luke and I.

"I love it," I mutter, not really meaning to say it to anyone.

"By the way, Luke doesn't want anyone to know y'all have matching shoelaces, so it could be a cute symbolic thing." Madi says and my smile gets bigger. Just as I thought, too.

I take a look at the clock and realize it's time to go. I get up and slide my phone in my pocket after I mention the time to my roommate. I grab my bags and see Madi waiting for me at the door before following her out to meet the others at the van.

While in the vehicle, I had my headphones on comfortably as it plays music. I continue to lean my head on the window while looking at all the buildings we pass by. Right then, I forgot that I had headphones on, I begin singing to myself and my voice was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"It's you, and me, moving at the speed of light into eternity, yeah." I sing a popular song by the one and only Chris Brown. Every time I listen to this song, it reminds of the guys covering a song by him and it gives me chills to reminisce on how far they've gotten since then.

"Tonight, is the night to join me in the middle of ecstasy." Cal joins in, which makes my jump and realize that I started singing aloud. I disconnect my headphones to allow everyone to hear the song in order to sing along.

"Feel the melody in the rhythm around you."

"Around you." The girls harmonize together.

"Imma take you there, imma take you there. So don't be scared, 'cause I'm right here, baby."

"We can go anywhere, go anywhere, but first it's your chance, take my hand, and come with me."

"Here we go!" I shout in cue of the chorus for everyone to sing along with each other.

"It's like a waited my whole life, for this one night. It's gonna be me, you, and the dance floor." Everyone, including the driver, joins into our little improv show. We continue the rest of song, not missing a lyric. I consider it to be one of my top amazing band-to-band moments.

Luke

While we are waiting to board our plane, everyone was talking to each other except for me, who was sitting in a chair tired. Instead of interacting with others, I focus my droopy eyes on Alex. Well, Alex's wrist to be precise as I notice a familiar color that catches my eyes. Recognizing the exact color I chose that day, I felt proud that she was wearing the shoelace I gifted her.

"Eyes up here, Lucas." Alex chuckles after chatcbing me looking at the bracelet, but she laughs short enough for the others to not notice. However, I see Madi in the corner of my eye with that mischievous smile of hers.

I smiled and adjusted my gaze down to my lap, possibly blushing. Madi probably told her who it was from because every time Alex would look at me, she would smile. And now, I could officially say that everything is back to normal. Definitely.

•••••

Hope you like this chapter :-) sorry it's kinda short.

H <3

*Edited 5/24/18 it's so weird having no work for school before finals omg*