Next Stop London! ✔️

Alexandra

"Alex!! Alex wake up!!" Madi shaking me awake. I groan and dig my head deeper into the warmth emitting from the memory foam.

"What do you want Madison?" I never call her by her full name unless I'm annoyed.

"Can we go to Starbucks, please?" I could practically hear her pout from my place.

"No." I open my eyes anyway and instantly regret it. Of course, the girl would open my curtains to let in the blinding sunlight to cast over my room.

"C'mon! I said please!" I squint to see her bottom lip poking out more and cover my face with the pillow.

"Ugh, fine." I cave in after the endless pouting and shaking. I just said that to stop her from possibly twisting my neck. She squeals before dashing out of my room and into her own.

I quickly changed into a sweater and left my sweats on. I went to the living room slipping on my shoes and she walked into the room with her hair tied up and a sweatshirt and jeans on.

"You ready?" I ask yawning.

She nods and grabbed her penny board as I followed with my skateboard out the door. Madi gifted it to me for Christmas one year, so that she has someone to skateboard with her.

"Mads, your white girl moment is cutting into my sleep, so we're going straight home when we get our coffee." I hold the door open for her with my skateboard in the other hand. "You're lucky I didn't bop you in the head." I chuckle and rub my eyes sleepily after I followed her inside the coffee shop.

"What?! It's not my fault I couldn't sleep." Madi shrugs and pauses to give the barista our orders. She has dragged me so much to get coffee that she knows my order by heart. "I was gonna take a picture of your Calex moment last night, but I knew you were going to be even more mad at me so I didn't." She smirks and I stare at her in disbelief. Although she notices how he treats me, Madi always teased about Calum and I having something special between us. She always had the thing of "shipping" me with someone and out of everyone, it had to be the brunette Maori.

"Wait, you planned this since last night? Didn't you see how tired I was!" I exclaim before one of the barista calls out my friend's name.

"Yes I did, and I also saw how Calum treated. Stop trying to change the subject." Thankfully, Madi follows my request and walks straight out of the coffee shop to head back home.

I rolled my eyes and hit her on her shoulder playfully while we turned the corner. She cowers away from me and casually sips her beverage.

"That was some abnormal behavior from Cal, though." Madi points out and I sigh not wanting to speak about the subject. It has me thinking so much this morning and I dislike how he keeps getting under my skin. First the shaking and now this. Can't get just leave me alone? "Like he didn't even pee after!"

"Wait, you were listening in, too?" She nods and I throw my arms up exasperatedly; one hand carrying my board and the other holding my cup. "Thanks for saving me, best friend. I was so tired to do anything."

"Do you mean do something with him or trying to stop him?" She raises an eyebrow in my direction and I almost choke on my drink, which causes me to shout her name. "You're welcome." Madi laughs, not needing an answer anymore apparently.

We enter the house and closed the door quietly behind us. The house was like itself when we left, fortunately. I guess no one was awake. We hop on the couch and watch the television for a while. After an episode ends, Madi offers to throw away our cups since she was going to go pack.