Valentine's Day Pt 1

Rachel's POV:

"Rachel Masters! Get out of bed this instant or you'll be late for school!" I groaned internally and burrowed back into my duvet desperately trying to restart the fabulous dream i'd been having . "Rachel I mean it are you up yet!" The angry voice belonging to my mother shouted from the foot of the staircase.

"Yes I'm getting up now , you can stop screaming at me" I sighed reluctantly pushing back the covers and getting out of my nice warm bed. I shoved my uniform on and brushed my hair and teeth in 5 minutes flat before sliding down the bannister rail and cramming a piece of toast with peanut butter and swallowing orange juice down in a further five minutes.

We all piled into the car and Mam was just about to pull off the drive when i threw off my belt and legged it back indoors "Rachel! Get back in the car now!" She yelled at me thumping her hand on the horn impatiently. I legged it back up the stairs and pushed open the door to my room rummaging around in the bottom of the cupboard for Hugo's Valentine's present, the card was already in my school bag on account of Grace's stupid dog ruining the first one so i had to quickly run to the corner shop to buy another one. His present was a bottle of aftershave that i knew he liked and a wooden keyring with our names and the date i agreed to be his girlfriend on, I spotted my little make-up bag on my shelf and grabbed that making a mental note to get Lindz to help me with it when we got to school.

I quickly ran back downstairs slamming the door shut and jumping back into the car, Grace sat there looking smug "I'm always ready on time unlike Rachel" I glared at her and sulked the rest of the way to school . 

"We're here on time aren't we so what's the problem" I said matter-of-factly "Anyway no time to chat see you after school" I jumped out of the car and swung my school bag onto my shoulder grabbing the gift bag with Hugo's present in at the same time and making my way round the back of the bike sheds where we all hung out. I hitched myself up onto the wall and pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket sending a text to the group chat

Me: Where are you all your all always here before me?

R:Not in 😢 caught my brothers stupid cold

L: On the way now literally just in the car park be there in 5

H (hugo) : I'm behind you babe 😘❤

F: Eurgh put a sock in it you two it's too early for this I want to keep my breakfast thank you very much

Me:Ever the romantic Francesca 

I turned around and i swear I have the best boyfriend in the world he was stood there holding a heart shaped balloon with I ❤ you on it tied to a gift bag and a single red rose.

"Happy Valentines day to my sweetheart. Now i know you said we weren't going all out but i saw these online and i couldn't help but buy it" He said handing me the gift bag i carefully opened it being careful of the balloon, inside was a small square cushion with a picture of his face on it and underneath was a rectangular shaped box i put the bag down on the grass and lifted it out inside was the necklace he'd given me when we went on our first date i thought i'd lost this , the lid was engraved i lifted it up and the engraving read:

My Princess,

My heart belongs to you my soulmate. I have loved you since the day i set eyes on you and the wait was worth it. You make my world complete and in your eyes i find peace.

Love you to the moon and back,

Your Prince 

I burst into tears and threw my arms round him "Oh Hugo i love you so much" I kissed him gently and behind us there was a mix of wolf-whistling and clapping . "Get a room you two,Hugo put Rachel down!" Fran said marching over to us and pulling us apart 

"Hey i was enjoying that" I pouted "Your just jealous because you don't have a cute boyfriend who can get you stuff like this" I giggled blushing

"I'm not jealous i don't want to watch you and your boyfriend snogging each other your 13 it's weird" Fran said blushing as well "What's your Mam make of this anyway"

"She says i'm too young to have any kind of boyfriend, Alicia told her that there isn't anything wrong with it and that Faith had a boyfriend at my age" I said gathering my presents and putting them back into the gift bag.

Hugo coughed from behind us "Still here girls " He smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist "Do i get a valentine's kiss from my beautiful girlfriend" 

"That depends on whether you like my valentine's gift to you" I said moving out of his hold and shyly offering him his present "It's not much i didn't really know what to get you"

He took the aftershave and keyring from the bag "Oh Rachel i love them the keyring is really sweet and how did you know i liked this aftershave" He said and kissed my cheek making me blush again

"I described to Dad what it smelt like and he helped me find the right one i didn't know if it was right" I said shyly

"Right well if you don't mind Hugo we have some very important girl stuff to talk about" Fran and Lindz said marching me off towards the girls toilets.

I didn't get a chance to see Hugo again till we finished school and he insisted on walking me to Mam's car . Up close he still smelled like christmas but you realise that's just his soap and you also learn that it isn't enough for him to hold your hand he has to wrap his whole hand around yours, we walked down the road hand in hand sharing the headphones that were plugged into my phone we were listening to one of my spotify playlists called I Think It's Love and as we got to Mam's car I stopped the music and he gave me back my headphones and as i turned to get into the car he blew me a kiss "I love you" He said simply and walked away . I got into the front seat and i must have been blushing because Mam started teasing me.

"Stahppppp" I blushed again and fingered the necklace that i had since fastened under my school shirt.

"Right so on a serious note, there's been a massive RTC and me your dad ethan and Alicia have all been called into work you can either come and wait in my office until Jess comes to collect you at 4 o'clock or i can drop you to Chelsea's , Grace is at a sleepover seeing as it's half term and Hannah and the twins are staying at Grandad Charlie's it's your choice" She said starting up the engine.

"If i come into work with you can i help in the Creche?" I asked pulling off my tie

"I'll have to ask but if you can't you're to stay in my office unless you have to go to the Loo" She said pulling out of the school car park.

We got to the hospital and i grabbed the bag of spare clothes from the boot and went to the toilet to get changed. I pulled my hair back into a simple braid and splashed my face with some water getting rid of most of the makeup i was wearing before pulling on my black ankle boots.