Opening Night

Rachel's POV:

"I'm so nervous, what if they don't like the last minute script change" I was fretting backstage as Rosie helped me secure my wig , my hair was extra frizzy today so it needed double hairnets and pins and hairspray.

"Stop fretting. I swear it's making your hair frizzier" She admonished me pretending to bash me on the head with the hairspray can.

"Let's hope there's no fire tonight. Rach's hair will go up like a Bunsen burner" Fran smirked

"Shut up Fran, I'm already nervous. I've never heard of a Grease production where Sandy is played by a girl in a wheelchair" I moaned

"Rach I love you but please be quiet and stay still so I can do your makeup" Rosie hugged me slightly being careful not to crease my costume.

I persevered and let Rosie put my makeup on. I wheeled myself to the wings and I peeked around the curtains and saw my family taking up some of the front two rows, all my siblings except Faith and Alicia were there, Duffy was minding my nieces and nephew and Mam and Dad were sitting in the front row with Ethan, Chelsea and Ryan. Ethan had an iPad and was going to video the whole performance for Alicia and Faith.

I waved shyly at everyone from the front row and the twins excitedly waved back

I'd gotten permission from Ethan to remove the Moon Boot for the performance and I was wearing the white tennis shoes but without laces in. Louis was waiting with the rest of the 'T-birds'. Someone had found the leftover Coke from yesterday and we all raised a toast to our first performance "To the T Birds and The pink ladies!" We whisper shouted

I peeked around the curtains and saw my family taking up some of the front two rows, all my siblings except Faith and Alicia were there, Duffy was minding my nieces and nephew and Mam and Dad were sitting in the front row with Ethan, Chelsea and Ryan. Ethan had an iPad and was going to video the whole performance for Alicia and Faith.

I waved shyly at everyone from the front row and the twins excitedly waved back. Soon it was almost curtain up time and Miss Jones came backstage and high fives us all in turn " You'll all be brilliant. I'm so proud of how hard you've all worked, I'm especially proud of my leaders , Louis you've worked so hard revising for your exams, being captain of the football team and being the lead in this, Rachel you've done exceptional as well I know you've had difficult personal circumstances recently and I know you've been revising hard for your mock exams and practising for Cheerleading Regionals and now your ankle"

We grinned and had a group hug. Hugo quickly came backstage and hugged me "I only came to say good luck I didn't get chance to see you earlier"

I made my way onto stage for the first scene where me and Louis have to sing 'Sandy' this scene is the shortest in the whole script. Then came the second scene where they are going back to high school for their senior year, Fran and Rosie were playing Frenchie and Rizzo.

Soon the Act 2 dance scene came and obviously it had to be different from what we'd rehearsed but we both managed to get it done and then there was the costume change which was going to prove difficult. I whizzed offstage and with great difficulty got into my Jeans and then pulled on the top and shoes which we'd managed to glue the heel back onto. Rosie quickly unpinned my straight wig and pinned on the curly one and I whizzed back out onto the stage in time for my scene.

Before I knew it me and Louis had to get into the car and fly off into the sunset, obviously on a high school budget we couldn't make it fly but we did have some suspension wires that we'd managed to get brought in from a company and it was pulled off stage to the end of 'We go together'