Chapter 48

First of all let me apologise for not updating this in so long I am so sorry I've been so busy with school and exams.

Rachel's POV:

I woke up that morning and I pulled the duvet to my chin and shivered excitedly. It was my 12th birthday today and I was really excited, we were going to a new trampoline park and then we were going for a meal afterwards. But first I had school and today was non uniform because it was the day of the Easter production and I was helping to do the stage make up for all the little kids, I wasn't much of a performer I'd always left that to Faith to do.

I stretched lazily and opened my curtains slightly and peered out, it was still dark outside so I snuggled back down into my bed and fell back to sleep. I was woken again by Mum and Dad coming into my room singing happy birthday closely followed by Hannah and Grace with Emily and Jack. Alicia and Ethan were behind them, Mum and Dad engulfed me in a hug and I pulled my dressing gown on and went out onto the stairs where there was a ribbon leading all the way down the stairs, I held it in my hands and followed it all the way down the stairs and into the living room where it lead to a humongous present in the middle of the living room. "That's from everyone me dad the girls Nan and Grandad Ethan and Alicia and Chelsea, Ryan." Mum said sitting down on the sofa where dad pulled her onto his lap, Grace and Hannah curled up either end of the big squashy sofa and Emily and Jack kept trying to help me open my presents.

I started to tear open the big present and underneath all of the layers of wrapping paper there was a huge case and upon opening it inside was loads of lush bath bombs and lush stuff like Bath jellies and lip scrubs and body lotions. I hugged mum and dad tightly and moved on to open another one of my presents which was a pastel blue Polaroid camera with refills, I turned over the label and it was from Nana Duffy and Grandad Charlie.

By 7 o clock I'd opened all of my presents and so far I'd had my lush case, my Polaroid camera, a light box that changed colour, some Dr Dre wireless headphones, a new I pad after Jack smashed my old one and some light up unicorn slippers with a matching dressing gown. From Ethan and Alicia I had some hair chalks and a locket with R on it with a baby photo of me inside. From Chelsea and Ryan I had a Mo You Nail stamping board with the nail polishes and a swim suit with Little Miss Diva on it. From Nan and Grandad I had my Polaroid camera and a book on stage make up.

Faith's POV:

It was a glorious day and on top of that it was Rachel's Birthday back home and the day we were breaking up. I got up and pulled on the outfit I'd put out the night before a cropped t shirt with the Fanta logo on and a pair of knee length shorts, I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and left a few strands loose at the front winding them round my fingers to curl them before pulling on a slip on pair of snoopy vans before clipping on my heart necklace a gift from mum and dad for my last birthday.

As a surprise I was traveling back home for Rachel's birthday

As a surprise I was traveling back home for Rachel's birthday.  I grabbed my holdall and left the room locking the room behind me before going to the living room and grabbing myself a bowl of cereal before plonking myself on the sofa next to Emma and Sophie. I wolfed down my bowl of cereal and me and Emma went to the sink to wash our bowls up. Emma grabbed her holdall and we both left the living room and went to the studio grabbing our ballet shoes and our pointe shoes and tutus before making our way outside to meet Sophie Erin Lily and Leah who were all leaning against the side of Leah's mums car, she was driving us back upto Cardiff. We all piled into the car with Leah sitting in the front with her Mum and me Sophie Erin Lily and Emma sitting in the back luckily Leah's mum had a 8 seater car because Leah had 5 siblings.

At the service station we all jumped out to stretch our legs and we all grabbed our bags and ran into the toilets changing into our leotards with matching outfits luckily we were all already wearing identical outfits anyway with the exception of Erin who was wearing Disney vans instead of snoopy vans. We'd choreographed a routine to Rachel's favourite little mix song Move, it was a street dance routine but we were wearing our leotards for another routine we were performing to a song called Ride this Feeling by Katie Miller-Heidke. (the routine they perform is the video above the chapter title).

It took us four hours to get from Cornwall to Cardiff in 2 two hours journeys. We arrived in Cardiff at 12:30 and first of all we stopped off at Wetherspoons to get a drink and something to eat. I knew the kids were on a half day at school today so I text Mum letting her know we were in Cardiff. She didn't have any idea what we were planning for Faith's birthday the only person that knew was Chelsea and that was because she was going to help us do hair and make up beforehand. We all piled into a booth and ordered 7 cokes and 7 pieces of rocky road, we all enjoyed the coldness of the cokes on such a hot day. After we'd finished we piled back into Leah's Mums car and drove to Holby Primary school and we got out buzzing the intercom and being let in by the receptionist, we told her what we were here for and she showed us through to one of the empty classrooms where we could leave our stuff and Chelsea could do our makeup. We clipped our badges to our tops and changed out of shorts into baggy combat trousers for the street dance routine.