Chapter 21

The next two hours was all a bit of a rush. Alicia was rushed to the E.D and sent straight to Resus.

"Ok Iain what have we got". says Zoe

"Okay Zoe this is Alicia Hardy Masters collapsed at about 6:30 pm complaining of loss of sensation in her legs, fully immobilized. GCS of 14 throughout, Bp is 100 over 80 (sorry i don't know any of this stuff so don't blame me), refused analgesia on route and given 100 ml of saline through intravenous drip. No head injury no funny sensations before she collapsed , oh and she's 17 weeks pregnant with twins."

"thanks iain straight through to resus"

Connie's POV

I'm not allowed in resus so dylan shows me to the relatives room where i phone Jacob 

"Hi babe, just to let you know Alicia's in resus as you know i'm not allowed in there so i'm phoning you from the relatives room i can't stay long as i'm getting daggers from the nurse in here for using my phone just thought i'd update you on her condition"

"Okay sweetcheeks i'll see you in a bit "

Half an hour later Zoe comes through with a grave look on her face i jumped up presuming the worst had happened.

"Hi Connie , Alicia's stable but we still haven't gotten to the bottom of what caused her loss of sensation we're going to transfer her up to Obstetrics and Gynaecology so they can just check the babies to see if it's anything to do with the way they're lying but before we do we're going to send her for a full body MRI ."

"Zoe she won't go in the scanner she's claustrophobic "

"Well you know what the other option is we'll have to sedate her to get her into the scanner"

Alicia's POV

I'm lying in Resus when Mum comes through to me and hugs me "Mum what's wrong with me i'm scared and i don't like not being able to feel the babies moving about " "Well baby thats the thing they can't see any obvious things causing the loss of sensation so they're going to send you for an MRI before you say anything it won't affect the babies it's too early for the radiation to cross the placenta"

Soon enough Dylan comes through to sedate her but she doesn't know that this is what we are going to do so i keep her talking to distract her soon enough Dylan has sedated her with a strong dose of lorazepam.

Ethan's POV

I'm so worried about Alicia even though Connie said she'll phone us if anything changes just as i go to get up the phone rings and i answer it:

"Hi who is it Ethan speaking"

"Hi Ethan it's Connie just to let you know they've found the cause of the loss of sensation it was the babies they've broken her pelvis and it was pressing on a nerve in her back so they've sent her up to surgery to bolt her pelvis back together then once she's back up on the ward you can come and see her with the kids if you want once she's awake then in about a week she can come home but with regular physiotherapy appointments i'll stay with her tonight and then we can take it in turns. Give my love to Jacob and the kids"

"Ok thanks Con will do give my love to Alicia won't you"

I sighed a huge sigh of relief and went upstairs as Hannah and Rachel were squabbling over something so i made my way up to their room and as soon as Hannah saw me she squealed and ran to me throwing herself into my arms . I soon found out what they were squabbling over turns out Hannah had been playing with one of Rachel's dolls and Rachel came in because she thought Emily or Jack had broken it as there were doll parts across the top of the stairs but really Jack threw a tantrum and broke one of emily's dolls throwing it across the floor.