Chapter 13

This is going to be set at their wedding reception and the next few chapters after will be about Alicia coming to terms with her disability and Ethan deciding that they should adopt because he didn't want to pass the Huntington's gene onto his kids.

Cal was walking up to the podium to give his best man speech and Alicia was wheeled back in after speaking to her father on the phone because he wanted them to come over for boxing day because he wanted to meet Mr hardy but Alicia said she needed to speak to Ethan because her father didn't know about her accident because he lived In America and didn't bother to keep In touch with her and her mother so she didn't keep in touch with him either because he left her and her mum when she was three and she has never met him unless you counted two video chats a year,one on her birthday and one at Christmas and he was a waste of space.

Cal began his speech and it went as follows

"We are gathered here today to witness the joining of my brother Ethan and his gorgeous girlfriend Alicia . When i first found out that they were going out i flipped because i didn't think that he would ever find anyone who is as kind and caring as Alicia but then my gorgeous girlfriend Taylor gave me a daughter , it was then and only then that i realised that opposites really do attract because unlike me Taylor has worked hard to get where she is because i only became a doctor to get one up on Ethan , unfortunately Alicia was involved in a tragic accident involving a helicopter and a drone and it has left her paralyzed from the waist down and brain damaged from the major head injury she suffered when a piece of scaffolding crashed through the roof of the heli-med vehicle carrying her and her sibling Grace  and it was when Ethan refused to leave her bedside for months on end waiting for Alicia to come out of the coma she fell into after the accident that i realised how much she meant to him. So if you could raise your glasses to the happy couple. Now if you don't mind my three year old would like to try to say a few words so up you come to daddy sweetie."

Matilda came toddling up on her chubby legs and Cal picked her up and swung her high in the air which made her squeal and then he lifted her up to the mic and she said " i wuv uncy nibby and auntie licia." everyone oohed and aahed at her and then she ran down and pulled on Alicia's skirt so she could sit on her lap and Alicia did just that and she liked Alicia to wheel about with her on her lap ever since Cal brought her to see her in hospital.

Cal came down and freed Alicia of the troublesome tot so her and Ethan could go and make their speech and Alicia took the break off her wheelchair and Zoe wheeled her up so that she could hold Ethan's hand at the same time.

They said

"we are so glad that you could all come here today to celebrate our marriage and we can't beat Cal's speech so we're going to just say we couldn't be happier that you've been here today to celebrate with us and no matter if Alicia never walks again i couldn't care as long as she's by my side.".

________________________________________________________________________________

Later that night

Alicia was sat in the car  reading her book waiting for Ethan to finish up and when he came in she snuggled into his chest and broke down in tears sobs racking her body and when she finally broke away she just sat there knowing Ethan wouldn't question her until she was ready and finally she sniffed and explained to Ethan that she felt useless and she was worried he would leave her because he would get bored of her not being able to walk and Ethan comforted her and shushed her and said to her "if you are worried just talk to me i'll always be there for you my love".

He lay stroking her hair until her breathing slowed down and she eventually settled down and fell asleep and Ethan kissed the top of her head and whispered "I love you Mrs Hardy."<3.He buckled her seat belt and with that he drove to the hospital and when he got there he unbuckled his belt and went to the back to get the wheelchair and took it round to the side of the car and opened her door and unbuckled her belt and lifted a very sleepy Alicia into her chair and into her ward and her very pink room .Later that evening Alicia was lying in her hospital bed and she was smiling to herself as she thought about how she had come so close to a death experience and how her doctors had worked so tirelessly to keep her alive and well. Her doctor came in to give her her pain killers and her sedative because the painkillers tended to keep her alert because of the swelling on her brain. Within minutes of having the sedative applied she was out of it and Ethan came In after his shift and she was totally out of it and didn't wake at his touch he saw that her belongings had been packed away he suspected it was her neuro team and her phone had been left out on the bedside table and Ethan picked it up and unlocked it and snapped a photo of her and then he posted it online and captioned it with 'My beautiful wife sleeping off her sedation because of her pain that she is going to suffer daily because seven weeks ago she was out shopping with her mum and half sister when they were run off the road and Alicia unfortunately was In a coma for six weeks with a brain injury which means she will be wheelchair bound for the rest of her life and even if she wasn't brain damaged she would still have to have daily physio therapy as she also has two broken arms and legs. X
He went around her room that had been her home for the past two months and started to unpin all the posters she had pinned around the room and took down all the get well soon cards off of her family and friends. He looked around the room and thought how bare it looked and just as he finished her nurse came in and said that a nursing team would come in daily as well as her physio therapy team and that they would teach him to administer her sedative and how to apply the right amount depending on her pain levels as well as her pain medication. He asked her if he could watch over Alicia whilst he got something out of the mobility carrier they had been given courtesy of the hospital.