Time after Time

I know the last chapter was set around May but just to speed things up a little bit for me when editing chapters this Chapter is going to be set around October when most British Schools have a weeks half term holiday

Also a huge apology this should have been uploaded way back in July but my health took a massive downwards spiral and I've just been working on it in small parts when I have the energy. I hope you all enjoy it 😊

Alicia's POV:

Typical, the first day I get off in ages the one day I do not have to spend hanging around the emergency department or some other department I end up there through no fault of my own. It all started when I got up early and decided to go for a run for the first time in forever, I got up early and made a few bottles for Skye - even though she was old enough to have 3 meals a day her paediatrician had recommended we keep her on formula for a few months longer as she was losing weight and we couldn't explain why- I left a note for one of the girls knowing they were more than capable of feeding her if she woke up before I got back, she was not due another feed for a few hours so she should have been fine. It was surprisingly cold outside for August,  I pulled on my running gear and jumped on the bus that went to the national trust trail I knew well and started running eventually running in time to the beat of my music.

I must have been running for just over 40 minutes when I could feel something wasn't right call it mothers intuition I guess. I pulled out my headphones and saw there was a tree trunk lying across the path about 3 or 4 feet in front of where I was currently stood, I was not really suprised what with all the wind and rain we'd had recently. I ran ahead to where a crowd of people was starting to gather "Don't worry everyone I'm a doctor let me through please so I can see if anyone is hurt" I pushed through the crowds and neatly hopped over the tree to where there was a man in his mid-40s maybe early 50s lying on the ground his face contorted in agony and upon closer inspection, I realised that he was trapped underneath the log.

Rachel's POV:

It was just after 9 when I woke up and I could hear Skye babbling to herself from the nursery next door, so I climbed out of bed pulled on an oversized hoodie and then carefully lifted her out of the cot and carried her downstairs, funnily enough there was no sign of Alicia even though she was not working today. I carried her into the kitchen to prepare her a bottle, I switched on the bottle warmer and poured in just the right amount of water and putting in the bottle Alicia had already prepared. She was old enough to have solid foods, but she still mainly had formula and sometimes pureed vegetables and bits of bread, I spotted the note Alicia had left on the side and picked it up , it explained Alicia had gone running. I heard a knock on the door and grabbing the bottle out of the warmer and handing it to Skye, I answered it, it was our mail carrier Steve "Now then young Rachel is this your baby? Who's the lucky daddy? Is it that Hugo I've heard you've been going out with" He said although I knew he was teasing me.

"Nooo Steve, you know who this is, it's Alicia's little one Skye she's 2 years old already. How do you know I've been going out with Hugo!" I blushed giggling as he handed me this morning's post, I leafed through it carefully it looked like mostly bills and boring stuff for Mam and Dad and Alicia and Ethan. I chucked those on the side and lugged in the parcel that he'd left on the doorstep that was addressed to Faith she had once again hoarded her pocket money and spent it on yet more dance stuff although god knows why she had it sent here when she's not home this half term on account of them having dance exams. I spied a letter in between all the bills that was addressed to me and I tore it open with my teeth as soon as I shut the door behind me, and I quickly scanned my eyes to the bottom of the page it was from Hugo, and upon further reading it transpired that he'd somehow managed to get premiere tickets for In the Heights, a new musical film that he knew I was desperate to see.