Chapter 18

Many Thanks to all those who voted on my storylines so the one that received the most votes was: ALICIA'S BIOLOGICAL DAD TURNS UP AND THROWS A SPANNER IN THE WORKS

So here it goes.....

Faith's POV

Mum and Dad have taken Grace to a physio appointment so Alicia and Ethan are looking after us but they're currently upstairs with the twins attempting to put them down for a nap after they had a total meltdown earlier this afternoon. I can hear shrieking and Ethan sighing as he tries and fails to get the twin's to do as they're told i try to listen to what they're saying but Hannah distracts me by pulling on my trouser leg , i crouched down and lifted her up and adjusted her so she was on my hip" What's up love?" " Rachel say dere man at door he wants lisha" " Ok sweetheart go upstairs to lisha and Eth and i'll see what he wants ". 

Since Alicia and Ethan moved in with us after her accident and mum and Grace's accident things have been a lot easier as we can do more stuff because mum and dad aren't always busy with the Twins and grace due to her epilepsy then with lisha being in a wheelchair for a while we had a people carrier so we could all go out together instead of some of us in mums car and some of us in dad's. 

Meanwhile i go to the door with Rachel and i try to talk to the man who claims to be Alicia's dad but thats impossible i mean her dad is my dad he is refusing to leave so i told Rachel to go and get Ethan or Alicia she came back in the lift which meant she had lish and she was using her wheelchair today after physio yesterday, she wheeled to the door took one look at the man at the door and broke down in tears  "Dad why are you here i haven't seen you since that day when i was three years old " why was she calling this man dad , i wondered this query out loud to Rachel whilst Alicia invited this man who i think is called Sam into the living room.

Alicia's POV

Today has just been a whirlwind my dad turning up after 20 years has just sent my hormones all over the place i called mum so she doesn't have a heart attack when she sees my father sat in the living room being used as a climbing frame by my siblings, i'm yet to explain to him why i'm using a wheelchair and i still need to tell ethan that i'm carrying his children and tomorrow we have our 10 week scan . I am currently in the kitchen taking my pain meds for my back as i'm still suffering severe pains and being pregnant isn't helping either , i went back through to the living room and prepared myself to tell my dad what happened to me and why his daughter is in a wheelchair but then again i suppose when you abandon your daughter for 20 years a lot changes especially when the reason for this being that you abused your children's mother and then when you turn up out of the blue one day and say you want to be part of your child's life again . 

So i began to tell him what happened to me and who Ethan is and who all my siblings are and how old they are . " 1 year ago today i was involved in a freak accident at my place of work and me and ethan who is now my husband got trapped under some scaffolding after a helicopter carrying my 8 year old sister grace crashed into the emergency department entrance but unfortunately a piece fell on top of me and broke my back and i was in a coma for 3 weeks and on the day i woke up from my coma i got engaged to ethan who is upstairs with the twins not my children my siblings , after he proposed i was rushed to theatre but that's about all i remember. My mum will be back soon after taking grace to a physio appointment but beware she is married to a man called Jacob who legally is my father now after he adopted me and if she finds out that you want to be part of my life again beware for a huge row so i suggest you keep this between me and you and my husband who will be down in a minute to see what is going on.

Sam's POV

I have just found out my daughter who i haven't seen in over 20 years is now married lives with her mum and adopted father and her 6 siblings , and uses a wheelchair most of the time. She has agreed to see me and let her child be part of my life when they are born i am the first to know about her pregnancy as she is yet to tell her husband , not even her mum knows so i feel privileged to know . Meanwhile in my life what she doesn't know is that i'm married to a woman called Emma and we have two kids Amelia 9 and Mason 18 months and that i have found her because i found a photo of her and me when she was just a baby and i wondered what she was doing now.

Connie's POV

I have just arrived home to a very quiet house i entered the living room with Jacob and Grace to find Alicia fast asleep in her chair with Hannah curled up on her lap sleepily sucking her thumb and Faith and Rachel sitting together on the sofa watching something on the Ipad i told Jacob to take Grace upto the first floor playroom where Ethan would be with the twins as they haven't been very well recently so they have been in bed alot but have been well enough to go down the corridor to the playroom today , i tiptoed into the living room and sat down on the sofa next to Faith and Rachel and cuddled them close to me and whispered to them " how about once i've taken Hannah upto bed and Alicia into her room and Dad's finished cleaning Grace up and brought her back down we can all make some cakes together if you ask Ethan nicely he might even bring the twins down" they both ran into the kitchen and started to get everything ready whilst i lifted Hanna off of Alicia and carried her up the stairs into her room that she shared with Grace and lay her on the bed where she curled up against her teddy..

I walked out of there and made my way along the hall to check on the twins and saw Ethan reading them both a story i smiled to myself and saw Jacob bringing Grace out of the washroom after she was sick down herself at the hospital so we all took the lift to the ground floor where the girls had thrown flour all over the kitchen we left Grace in the kitchen where the girls made a huge fuss of her and fed her little bits of biscuit , we made our way through to the living room where Alicia was sleeping soundly in the chair her phone on the floor next to her i picked it up and saw messages from an unknown number so i sent a message back asking who was this and would they kindly refrain from messaging this number again within seconds a message came back which changed my whole world forever. It was from Sam her biological father i couldn't tell her it would break her as well as Jacob i had to keep this to myself i pocketed the phone and between me and Jacob we got her over onto her wheelchair with great difficulty as she was deeply asleep as i suppose she didn't get much sleep last night with the twins being ill and their room being next to hers and Ethans , and she went all floppy on us and we couldn't get her to stay in the wheelchair until we lifted the foot plates right up to keep her in place and we had to put the side plates in to stop her falling out sideways so eventually after we got a sleepy Alicia into her chair we got it into the lift and pressed the button for the second floor and once it stopped we wheeled her along to their bedroom and then repeated the process we had to go through downstairs of taking the side plates off and then lowering the foot plates right down then when we had done all of this Jacob lifted her legs and i put my arms under hers and then on the count of three we lifted her across to the bed once she was on the bed i buzzed the intercom on the wall for Ethan to come up and within a minute he was up here and between me and him we log rolled her onto her side so Jacob could pull the quilt from under her then we lowered her back down and left Ethan to cover his wife up.