Christmas Eve

A/N Apologies for the late update but here's a long chapter to make up for it.

Ethan's POV
I am going  to collect Alicia and the twins from hospital today, the only problem was i had agreed to have Matilda as a favour to Cal for looking after the kids when Grace and Alicia were in hospital.  I was driving along when the car came to a standstill at the traffic lights and i saw that i was running out of petrol , i made a quick diversion to the petrol station where i filled up the tank making sure i had enough to last  me for the next week as it was christmas week so the roads were going to be chock a block especially with the boxing day sales, but i wasn't the only one a middle aged man you usually see in teen horror films stared at me dead in the eyes while he filled up tanks of petrol. i didn't know if to be scared or to take it as one of the many parts of london culture.I arrived at the  hospital shaking  and parked up in the disabled bay displaying a blue badge, i walked into reception grabbed Alicia's new work rota as well as a coffee to calm my nerves after my encounter , i went to the staff room where Matilda ran up to me and hugged my legs begging to be picked up obliging i hoisted her up on to my hip grabbed her bag and we made our way to Alicia's ward where she buried her head in my neck suddenly shy of Alicia as she was looking a little worse for wear after her fall down the stairs. I popped her onto Alicia's bed " Hey munchkin have you got a cuddle for your favourite auntie. No not even if i bribe you with this" She brought out a bar of chocolate that she had been brought by Cal a few days ago but she didn't eat it as she didn't like fruit and nut chocolate. Matilda took the chocolate and hugged Alicia tightly. Meanwhile i bent down and grabbed her bags lifted Matilda down and helped Alicia over into her chair and placed Matilda on her lap one of her favourite things. I wheeled her to the lift and down to PICU where the girls where , because they were prem their lungs didn't fully develop and they were going to be dependent upon oxygen for while until their lungs fully developed, i spoke to  a nurse who got the papers for me to sign for the twins discharge. They were still in premie nappies so she handed me a few packets of them along with syringes for their milk and medication as Sadie-Mai was born
with severe epilepsy and severe chest infections and Lacey-Mai   was born with a hole in her heart so once she was old enough she was going to have an operation to fix it. With all these safely packed away in their bags i went over to their cots and grabbed their car seats from under the cots that i had brought in a few days ago and lifted Lacey-Mai  out and carefully placed her into her car seat tickling her tummy making her gurgle with happiness unlike her sister who was grumpy because i disturbed her sleep "just like me when i was a baby mam says she is going to meet us at the cinema with the others and dad and Cal says he'll pick Matilda up tonight after we've been to the cinema" Alicia calls from outside as she couldn't bring Matilda in as she had a chest infection the week before last so she could pass germs onto the other babies in picu as the twins had severe chest infections from their premie birth . I hoisted their bags onto my shoulder and grabbed their carry cots and carried them out of the hospital for the first time where Alicia was waiting with her camera to take photos of them. We piled into the car after much difficulty getting Alicia in as i had to lift her out of the car as she couldn't due to her broken wrist and she had to be careful because of the bolts in her pelvis from where the twins broke it during her pregnancy. Soon we were arriving at the cinema as it wasn't far from the hospital well not when you know all the shortcuts as i grew up here and learned to drive as soon as possible mainly to get out of the house because i couldn't stand it Cal had a girl round every night so i was glad when i learned to drive as it meant i could drive to university and i didn't have to ask him to take me with his dangerous driving , i haven't been able to get in a car with him since he caused a minibus full of staff from holby to crash in 2014 where i was critical as my pericardium filled with blood.  As soon as Matilda was out of earshot as she ran out of the car as soon as she saw Hannah and the twins , i debated whether or not to tell Alicia about the man in the petrol station this morning but i decided not to as she was stressed out enough after her accident and to add to this Sadie-Belle had been ventilated at some point during her stay as she'd had a few fits and they couldn't be too sure what had caused it until they took her for scan and discovered it was epilepsy and on top of this Faith had gone to boarding school and Connie had gone to settle her in so of course i had Alicia in floods of tears on the phone to me every night to make sure i had checked the twins before i left .  Once inside Hannah and Matilda ran ahead to choose their popcorn and drinks tango ice blasts i think , whilst Faith and Grace and Rachel held fast onto the girls to make sure they didn't run off and get lost whilst me and Alicia walked with Connie and Jacob , Connie insisted on pushing the twins pram for me so i could push Alicia as she was tired as the machines on the ward kept her awake at night.

Alicia's POV
We were just waiting for the kids to emerge from the world of slush puppies and popcorn as we had taken them to see Paddington 2 as a treat for christmas eve , before the film started i checked on the twins who were sound asleep in their pram at the end of the aisle i put the brake on my chair and relaxed into Ethan who had lifted the arm of his chair up so i could cuddle him, he made such a good pillow especially when we were in bed together every night, i missed him so badly when i was in hospital as i did the chatter of all the kids . I missed the twins and their antics with  Hannah even if they did drive mam and dad mental at times , i missed Rachel and Grace and the way they never failed to make me smile and the there was Faith who was never to busy to help Rachel or Grace with Homework or play games with Hannah and Emily and Jack . I will miss her when she goes back to school, mam will put her on the seven am train to london where she will be met by her dance mistress who will then escort her to school.

About halfway through the film i started to yawn eventually  just letting sleep overtake me closing my eyes, i could hear voices around me laughing at the film i smiled to myself before falling into a light slumber . "Con can you take the girls out with the rest of them whilst i bring Alicia out i don't have the heart to wake her she looks so peaceful asleep like that ."

"Hello and welcome to Holby city Radio 2 , i'm here to announce on this emergency broadcast that there has been an accident on the main road leading out of Holby town centre into Holby village , the accident was believed to have been caused by a lorry driver falling asleep at the wheel involved were three cars and a people carrier. The casualties are yet to be identified we will be back at 6:00 pm with more news now for the travel and weather where you are."

I opened my eyes and gingerly felt down my body to check for any injuries , i felt my head and felt blood ,  warm and sticky trickling down my forehead . I am terrified i don't know what to do everyone else in the car is unconscious i am brought back to the real world by the fact that i am suddenly aware that i have a piece of glass protruding from my thigh.  I start to become increasingly drowsy from the amount of blood i am losing i slide into the comfortingly velvety darkness.

Caleb's POV
i have just heard on the radio that there has been an accident heading into holby i have tried phoning Connie and Jacob but they aren't answering nor is Faith or Rachel. I have also tried Ethan and Alicia but no answer from either of them either. I come to a sudden realisation that my daughter is with Ethan and Alicia so if she dies i don't know what i'll do she's my world since Taylor died (in this story Taylor got stabbed by Scott not cal). I am pacing up and down the floor unsure of what to do when i am called by Charlie " Cal you're needed i think you might want to see who this is  but listen i understand this may be distressing for you need to stay calm it's .....

AN Well that's it my lovelies sorry to do this on you but i thought it needed a bit of drama to spice things up a little bit , you'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out who the patient that Cal has been called to , comment who you think it might be in the comments below or even better comment who you think it might not be.......