Rehearsals

Faith's POV:

I never realised how much i missed being a normal teenager until now , don't get me wrong i enjoyed every single minute of my time at school getting to do what i loved every single day of my life but sometimes you just wished you were someone else. I was backstage waiting for my cue to come on stage, i was set to become the poster girl of third year when i starred in The Nutcracker as Clara which was one of the most challenging roles i'd had to date and it also meant a lot of dancing on pointe and lots of dreaded fouette turns , i kept forgetting my spot which meant i lost focus and disrupted the rehearsals . I felt sorry for Emma and Lily who were stuck in the coup de ballet .

I looked down at my phone which was flashing with an incoming facetime call from Rachel, i had to decline because i heard the orchestra striking up my cue i stopped quickly to dip the box of my pointe shoes in resin and ran out onto stage.

***********************************************************************************************

Rachel's POV:

I lay in bed staring at the ceiling , i'd been allowed to come home from hospital but i was on permanent bedrest because i couldn't get out of bed without everything spinning and passing out. I hated it, i just wanted to know what was wrong with me. Faith had declined my facetime and Lindsey and Fran were at school and weren't coming to see me till later and if having constant vertigo wasn't bad enough i'd fractured my shoulder and completely shattered my lower leg so i couldn't have a shower on my own either.

For once i decided to disobey Mam and get out of bed on my own,  I reached up and grabbed onto the hoist and pulled myself into a sitting position. I sat there for a minute and waited before pulling myself into the wheelchair , I grinned triumphantly and grabbed my phone and everything i needed my phone my tablets a hoodie etc . Now i realised that i had a problem on account of i only had one arm to push myself with, somehow and with much difficulty i managed to push myself into the lift and downstairs . Using my good leg i dragged myself onto the settee but then i realised the remote for the TV was across the room, i whistled to Simba "Simba get the remote for me good boy" 

It was fun being home alone even if it was only for a few days until everyone broke up. Grace had a half day on Friday and finished at lunchtime and Fran and Lindsey had said they'd keep an eye out for her and bring her back home because they were coming round to bring my christmas presents. Before i knew it the Childminder was bringing the younger kids home from school and Chelsea was bringing Skye and Sadie back . 

***********************************************************************************************

Faith's POV:

I don't think i've ever been so glad to go back to the boarding house and pack for the christmas holidays , i blasted christmas music from my phone whilst wearing a fluffy pair of leggings and an oversized panda t shirt "OH WELL I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAYYYY" i sang loudly as i folded clothes and packed them into my case,  Emma was across the other side of our room and she was laughing at me as she packed her case which was a whole lot messier than mine hers was a jumble of everyday clothes and swimsuits and leotards as whereas each section of my case has its own clothing in it. I had leotards neatly packed into the left hand side, i had t-shirts and dresses in the middle, then i had shorts trousers and jeans in the right hand side and in the zip compartment was pjs and jumpers. I had a separate case for my normal shoes and my dance shoes and i was leaving my tutu here over christmas as well as all of my photos and posters because we were allowed to leave our stuff here over christmas so i just took home my clothes and shoes, i always took my dance shoes because i sometimes taught the babies at my old studio so i took home a leotard or two and my crossover as well as my ballet slippers, my pointe shoes, my tap shoes, my jazz shoes and my court shoes even though we very rarely did court dancing at my old studio.

I turned off my speaker and zipped up my cases leaving out my green checkerboard vans , jeans , my long sleeved black top and bat-wing hoodie to go home in tomorrow. I dragged my suitcases into the living area and grabbed some pizza from the table. I'd found that as i got older my allergies got less severe and i seemed to have grown out of my gluten allergy and as i'd got older i'd ditched the plaits i used to wear and now favoured wearing my hair straight down my back or in ponytails and buns with brightly coloured accessories . 

***********************************************************************************************

Rachel's POV:

I was so sick of being in the house, it had been a total of 16 days since i'd been discharged from hospital and prior to that i'd spent nearly 4 months in hospital  . I hated the fact that i was too sick to go into school for the last week of school which meant missing out on all of the christmas celebrations. On Tuesday was christmas dinner day and then Wednesday and Thursday were half days and we were allowed to wear christmas jumpers over our uniform. As well as christmas jumper day we had our christmas assembly where each house competed against each other to win house points and each head of house competed against each other and then all teachers had to get up and sing a christmas song although so far we hadn't managed to get our form tutor to go up but we were convinced this year would be the year.

Then Thursday we got to spend part of the day in form having a party eating loads of junk food and watching films and then each house would take it in turns to go and watch the staff pantomime, every year you had one kid that was convinced they knew what the pantomime was going to be although they were always wrong. I presumed that as long as i took my betahistine tablets every morning and my prochlorperazine then i'd be fine, if i was ok to stay on my own everyday all day then i should be fine to go into school. I was lucky enough to have both Fran and Lindsey in my form with me which meant they were in all my lessons, Jess the childminder came to the house at 8 every morning anyway to collect the little kids so i'm sure she wouldn't mind making sure that i got to the bus stop safely every morning i'm sure one of the older kids i know from school council and champions against bullying wouldn't mind helping me on and off the bus because no matter what Fran and Lindsey say i'm pretty sure they'd struggle to push me.

I decided to talk to Mam and Dad about it when they got home , i wouldn't even have to take a school bag because i can borrow an ipad from school to do my work on and my phone fits into my blazer pocket , the only problem would be i wouldn't be able to wear my school trousers so i'd have to wear the jogging bottoms i'd been living in or a skirt . Mam got home that evening just after seven and Jess had made us chicken nuggets and chips and she'd cut mine up into tiny bitesize pieces so i could sit with the rest of them and eat, me and grace were sat on the sofa together both in clean pjs and our dressing gowns drinking hot chocolate watching Hollyoaks. I nudged Grace who got up and mumbled some excuse about promising to help Alicia bath Sadie, "Mam" I began "I want to go back to school for the last week of term, if i'm well enough to be left in the house alone all day everyday then i think i can manage going to school where at least if something happens then i'm surrounded by people , if something happened to me at home i'm all alone"

"If i say you can go promise me you'll be careful and you won't try any of that wheelchair racing you did in the hospital and you'll text me and your dad to let us know your safe won't you?" Mam looked at me .

"Yes i promise, so does that mean i can go ?" I winked cheekily

"I'll have to talk to Dad about it but yes you can go in" She smiled at me as i punched the air with my good arm.