Chapter 7

I'm so mad at myself. I can't believe I treated him that way when he didn't deserve it, when I did it just because of my own issues. My love life has always been a mess and I don't want to drag him to this. I just want him to be happy and we won't be with me. Soon I got a text from Michael.

From: Michael Clifford
Message: Is everything okay? What's wrong?

I could hear him behind the door.

To: Michael Clifford
Message: I'm so sorry I've been troubling you with my problems, you don't deserve this.

    I heard the sound of a text message on Michael's phone on the other side of the door. A bit of light was coming to the dark room I was in, when I saw Michael slowly open it.
-Can I?
    He had a look on his face like he was the one who had to apologize. I nodded and his shadow made his way to me.
 -Why did you say that?
 - I... I don't know - I stuttered.
 -Then what's wrong? Why did you act that way? I was only showing you that I care about you, and I do.
 - And I appreciate it, it's just... I'm not good at dealing with emotions and recently I have been feeling suffocated in thoughts.
    He lied next to me on my bed, reasting his hand on my waist and I think he knew something bad happened to me, something that marked me.
____________________
    I woke up in the middle of the night. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and it marked 4:34 am. I felt someone pulling me to my left side and...
 -Michael! Michael... wake up. It's half past four and you're still in my bed.
    A sleepy Michael started to move and cuddled with me. I smiled. I liked having him like that but I had to wake him up before Karen did. It would be a really uncomfortable situation. When he finally opened his eyes, he got out of bed and went to the door without saying anything. When he was about to close it, he turned and whispered ''Are you sure you want me to go? I can stay if you want.''
 -Sorry but I think it's better if you go.
 -I would sleep a lot better with you but... okay, I'll go then. Good night, Sophie.
 -Good night Mikey, and thank you, once again.
    He smiled and I got back to bed, layed my head on my pillow and fell asleep.
____________________
    It was 1:57 pm. I was in Michael's school and to be honest, it's not that different from mine. It's big but I guess that after you get used to it, it gets simpler to walk around. I just had lunch with the guys and Phillipa, and we were all getting along. Even though Phillipa was staying in Luke's house, she was a lot more comfortable with Calum. It was weird, they looked so ''perfect'' for each other. Both with the same kind of humour, both really outgoing and even on looks they matched! They had brown hair and brown eyes. All I could think was when are they going to kiss... And all of that weird vibrant chemistry was making me sick.
    All I ever did this morning was answering questions like ''Are all Europeans hot? Which country has the most hot girls? Do you have hot friends?''. I guess all guys are the same... I looked around and saw two girls staring in our direction.
 -Hey, Michael. Who are those girls?
 -Oh. I think they're on our class too but they're English.
 -Really? Do you know them?
 -No, not really. I do know their names because of Luke.. One's Christy and the other's Zoey.
 -Uhm, thanks.
    Even though we were in school, we didn't really have classes yet. It was just presentations and stuff like that, and I already wanted to go home. The bell rang at 3:25 pm to the first and last class of the day. It was English and the teacher was the one responsible for the class.
    When we entered the classroom, Michael chose a table for both of us, in the middle and I saw a beautiful, blonde skinny girl smile at him. He didn't look like he cared but she came closer anyway.
 -Michael, don't you want to seat next to me?
 -No, I'm here with her. Can't you see?
    He spit out those words with bitterness. She walked away and my curiosity was attacking.
 -Who's that?
 -Oh, just my ex-girlfriend...