Chapter 41

My alarm clock set off. Shit, I forgot to delete it. I don't need to go to work today... I'm currently unemployed, but somehow it feels good not to have anything to do. I look at my phone to check the time and it marked 6:30am. It's so early... I went to the kitchen tp search for some food and ended up eating a cookie. Both, my mum and my brother, were still asleep, so I went to my room and crawled up my bed to sleep a little bit more. I hear my phone vibrating on my desk so I get up to check it out.

    I saw a new text and tapped on it.

From: Michael
Message: Good morning. Sorry I didn't answer last night, I was already asleep... I have been very tired. I miss you too.

    I spent about five minutes thinking whether I should reply or not, and my heart is bigger than my brains so I did.

To: Michael
Message: Good morning, Mikey. Tired from the shows?

From: Michael
Message: Yeah... I missed having you saying ''Mikey'', it's cute.

To: Michael
Message: Everyone calls you Mikey now, even your fans.

From: Michael
Message: But no one makes it sound like you do.

    My face started to turn red and burning up. My bedroom's door opened slowly and I peeked.

 -Hey, mum.
 -Hi honey. Isn't it too early to be up?
 -Yes... I forgot to turn off the alarm clock so...
 -Uhm. Who are you talking too? Is that boy from the band?
 -How do you know?
 -Oh, honey... Those cheeks can't lie.

    I raised my hands to my cheeks, covering them up.

 -When are you leaving?
 -I told Luke that I would go in two weeks...
 -I searched a lot last night, and I can book you a flight in 3 days. Do you think you're ready?
 -3 days?! Are you kidding me?
 -Is that a yes or no?
 -Yes! Please!
 -Ok. Go back to bed and I'll take care of it later...
 -Thanks mum, I love you.
 -Love you too, honey.

     I crawled up my bed once again and dived into my blankets. Grabbed my phone and replied one more time.

To: Michael
Message: I'm going to rest now. Bye...

From: Michael
Message: Bye, Sophia. I still love you.
__________________

    I woke up a few hours later, feeling much more rested. I walked to my livingroom, where my mum was, behind the computer.

 -The tickets are bought.
 -Really?
 -Yes. But there's a problem...
 -What?
 -You have to go tomorrow.
 -Already?
 -Yes, there's no other flights available. You want to go... right?
 -Yes! Thank you so much for doing this for me!
 -Just don't make the same mistake I did. Don't let ''the one'' run away.
 -I won't, I promise.

    I ran to my phone and dialed Luke's number.

*-Hello? Luke?
 -No, this is Patrick.
 -Luke, there's no time for jokes now.
 -What's going on?
 -I'm leaving tomorrow.
 -Where are you going?
 -You dumbass, the ''surprise'' thing!
 -Oh! Tomorrow? We'll only be there in 4 days...
 -It's okay, I'll have more time to prepare everything.
 -Phillipa is still torturing me...
 -I'm so sorry, Luke. I really am... but it's just for a few more days.
 -I hope Calum will come pick her up soon, she's annoying when they're not together.
 -Oh, I know. Gotta go... Bye.
 -Bye!*

__________________________

    Between all the mess on my room, I tried to look for the right things to pack. My plane was leaving in about 6 hours and I wasn't ready at all. I had overslept and I forgot to prepare everything yesterday.

    I ran from one side to the other, and when I finally had everything, my phone rang.

*-Yes, Phillipa?
 -Hi. Can we talk?
 -Not now, sorry.
 -Why?
 -I'm in a rush, I'll call you in a few hours.
 -Hours? What's going on?
 -Nothing, bye.*

    I hang up the telephone and grabbed my bags. Fortunately, the airport wasn't that far away and in half an hour I was arriving. My mum was helping me with the bags, since I was carrying loads of stuff.

 -Are you ready?
 -A little nervous, but yes.
 -Don't be... Some more months without you. You know you can call me anytime and if you want to back up, just tell me. You can come home anytime you want, okay?
 -Okay. Thanks mum. I have to go now...
 -Goodbye, honey. Call me when you get there!
 -I will. Love you...
 -Love you too.

    As soon as I stepped in on the plane, I rushed to my seat so I could install myself. The flight was over 2 hours so I had picked up a book and charged my phone to listen to music while flying. For me, flights are always a bit stressful, a bit annoying too. I grabbed a gum from my purse and shoved it into my mouth, picked up the earphones, placing them on my ears, and started reading the book as the plane was lifting.

______________________

    ''Thank you for choosing our airlines'' was dropped by every flight attendant. Like I had a choice... I made my way outside, near the road, and called a cab. When the cab arrived, I sat down and gave the man a note where the name of the hotel was. The man didn't speak english or any other language I knew, so the trip was quiet.

    At the hotel, a very nice lady came to me, explaining some stuff about this country. I had never been here before, neither I spoke their language and even worst... I was completely alone. ''If he doesn't appreciate this, then I'm going to kill him'' I mumbled.

    I turned my phone on since I arrived, and I had 8 texts and 5 missing calls. The phone calls were all by Phillipa.

From: Phillipa
Message: Why aren't you answering? What's happening?

From: Phillipa
Message: Why isn't your phone available?

From: Phillipa
Message: I'm getting worried!

From: Calum
Message: Please call Phillipa. I'm trying to hang out with her and she won't shut up about you.

From: Michael
Message: Hey! Phillipa said you might be in trouble, what happened? Are you okay?

From: Phillipa
Message: Is this a joke? SOPHIA?!

From: Phillipa
Message: Is this part of the surprise?

From: Phillipa
Message: Luke told me what the surprise was... Why didn't you tell me?

    I gasped when I saw Phillipa's last text and replied as fast as I could.

To: Phillipa
Message: He did? And I'm okay, just went on a job interview and couldn't be on the phone.

    I took the chance and answered Calum and Michael too.

To: Calum
Message: Hopefully I answered in time...

To: Michael
Message: She's overreacting, like always. I'm okay...

    Looking around my room, I searched for the phone. After making a call to my mum from the hotel phone, I went outside to look for a certain store. It's time to start getting ready for the surprise.