Chapter 45

-Hi Mikey!
 -Hi! Oh, I missed you...
 -You have only been without me for a couple hours.
 -I know but I missed you anyway.
 -Aww. -I smiled.
 -So, which one is the chosen one?
 -What?
 -You know, the movie?
 -Oh... To be honest I have no idea... You choose. Please.
 -Ok. Do you want Horror? Comedy? -he got closer to me and murmured- Romance?
 -I'm okay with Romance, but only this time... Next time I'll want horror.
 -I'm fine with that. I'll go downstairs to pick a movie, I left lunch on the table when I came here and the popcorn are there also. Can you prepare it?
 -Yeah, sure.

    Michael left the room and went downstairs while I grabbed the card boxes that contained our lunch and placed them on the plates we had. I was putting everything in its right place when I heard a phone buzzing. I went for the bedside table, where I left my phone, but it wasn't mine that was making the vibrating sound. I looked for a little while and then found Michael's phone. ''Oh, he must have left it here'' I thought. I looked to the screen and saw her name, and it caused me chills. ''No, please... No.'' I whispered while looking at the name ''Amy'' written on the screen. I hanged up immediately, trying to forget that this ever happened, but then a deeper and faster buzz started again.

    I saw it was a text so I saw it. Maybe I shouldn't do it but there's many reasons to find this strange... She's a maniac, but she wouldn't just start talking to him suddenly after all this time. The curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't help it. I grabbed it and read it.

From: Amy
Message: Hey there, Mikey! I miss you... You haven't talked to me in like 3 days! What's happening? I miss my babe.

    My heart started racing faster than ever and tears were almost bawling out of my eyes. I tried to hold them inside but the work was for nothing. They leaked and I couldn't stop crying. I started thinking that maybe she's doing this for attention, just to get on my nerves, but she probably doesn't even know I'm with him, or even that I would see this... No, this can't be possible, this can't be true. You have to be fucking kidding me.

    I heard a few steps coming in direction of the door, so I put Michael's phone down and ran to the bathroom. I washed my face with cold water and dried my eyes. ''Sophia, where are you?'' I heard him screaming from the door. ''I'm just in the bathroom, washing my hands...'' I made an excuse.

    The door opened quickly.

 -You could've washed them on the kitchen, you know...

    I breathed in and tried to hold my emotions inside.

 -Well, the soap is better here.
 -Actually, you're right. -he smiled.

    He tried to pull me closer so he could kiss me, but I ran away.

 -Uhm, I chose the movie...
 -Oh, great. But I'm not in the mood for movies, actually.
 -Oh come on! I know you'll love this one!

    I tried to pretend like I was okay and nodded so we could watch it. He would know something's up if I didn't.

____________________

    We ended up having lunch and the movie was almost ending. He has been nagging me about the popcorn because I haven't touched them... He's starting to get me, but I can't tell him... I don't know how to do it.

    The movie was in its climax, when everything is broken and everyone is mad at everyone and only a gigantic love proof will save the couple, you know, crappy romance stuff. I couldn't stop thinking about the text and what has been happening with both of them, but I don't have the guts to ask... I feel like I can't speak. A single tear dropped out of my eye and I tried to hide it but I failed.

 -See, I told you! You love the movie so much that you're crying!

    I couldn't handle anymore and I started crying even more, especially because of that stupid comment.

 -I'm not crying because of the movie!
 -Then what is it? Sophia, is everything alright?

    I got up and grabbed my phone. I decided to run away to Phillipa's room, she'll know how to help.

 -SOPHIA?!

____________________

 -What's going on?
 -I'm sorry to bother, Calum, but I need to talk to Phillipa... -I said sobbing.
 -It's okay, I'll call her.
 -She's not here?
 -No, she went for a walk with Zoey and Christy, but I can call her and she'll come right now, you know how she is.
 -No! Please... Don't call her then, but can I stay here?
 -Yeah, sure. Have a seat. -he said while pointing at the couch.- Do you want to talk?
 -Do you mind if I do?
 -No, absolutely not! Come on, what's going on?
 -It's Amy...

____________________

              ~Calum's P.O.V.~
 -It's Amy...

    Oh, shit. I know exactly what she's talking about. Michael and Amy started talking again after they left Australia. Even with the whole ''psycho'' scene that Amy did in Michael's house, in which she confessed, Michael was so down that he needed love from someone. He didn't have Sophia there, or anyone really, so the closest thing to love he had was Amy. Amy is a bitch, and everyone knows that, including Michael, but he wasn't thinking. It happened... Then, after 2 months or so that we left, we started getting famous and she texted him again. He's such a good person that he replied, even when all of us told him not to. Maybe she saw his texts or Michael told her the truth and she couldn't handle it... I understand her.

    I pretended I didn't know what she's talking about and kept the conversation going.

 -What about her?
 -I was alone in the room, preparing lunch, and his phone buzzed. I saw that Amy was calling him so I hang up, in hopes that she wouldn't call again but then she texted him! I know it wasn't the right thing to do but I saw it and... -she stopped talking and tears rushed down her face.- it was her saying things like ''I miss you, we haven't talked in 3 days'' or something like that... 3 days? They have been talking?
 -Well, kind of, but I didn't know it was that recent...
 -What? Did you know about them?
 -Yes, I mean, I guess...
 -Can you please tell me? Please? I need to know...
 -Sure...

    I got closer to her and patted her back. I breathed in and out to get courage to tell her, I know it will break her heart.

    After I told her, she wasn't crying anymore. Maybe because her tears dried out and there was nothing left to come out.  I hugged her in comfort, trying to make her feel better, but there was nothing I could do that was actually make her feel better.

 -Do you think I should talk to him?
 -To be honest... Yes. You should.
 -And what do I say?
 -You have to understand that he wasn't on a good place... Be understanding with him. These last few days were only her texting him. He only replied when he was drunk and he told her the next morning he regretted it. They talked about it and got to a conclusion: they would never speak again. But you know Amy...
 -Yeah, unfortunately I do.
 -So talk to him but be calm about it.
 -Okay, I will... -she started walking towards the door.- And thanks Calum... Really.
 -It's okay, I'm always here for friends.

    She smiled, still with red eyes, and then left.