Chapter 10

-What game?
  -Let's play ''10 questions''. I ask you something, then you ask me something until we get 10 questions each.
 -It doesn't sound really fun...
 -It's just to get to know you better, c'mon.
 -Uhm, okay. You start...
    We were both pretending to pay attention to the class while talking. He seemed a bit shy at first but then he got over it.
 -So, are you into someone?
 -Maybe... -I smirked and he smiled. -And you?
 -Maybe...
 -Are you going to copy me?
 -Maybe.
    He smiled at me. He looked a bit out of his comfort zone, that's why he was shy. I think he's afraid of me asking something he doesn't want to answer, but then... this was his idea. Maybe he does want to tell me something, but he doesn't know how to. I thought of something to ask him that he would probably ask me... Something popped out of my mouth without thinking.
 -Are you virgin?
    He turned red. I turned red. Maybe it wasn't the right question... I should start thinking before opening my mouth.
 -Uhm... good question... no, I'm not.
    I froze looking at him, I did not expect that answer.
 -What? I'm not an angel...
 -I know, me neither but I didn't really thought you... you know...
 -You're the one who asked.
    He laughed a bit and it made me more comfortable. For my surprise he didn't ask me the same thing. He looked at me in the eye and whispered ''If you don't want to answer this one, it's okay''. I nodded.
 -Why are you afraid of falling for me?
    I paused. I didn't want to answer this.. He didn't even said ''falling in love'', he said ''falling for me''. Is it really that obvious?
 -I mean, you told me something happened to you, but I wanted to know what it was. I can see you try to run away from me sometimes, and I don't want that. -he continued.
 -You know... break ups are tough.... I was cheated on. I guess it's not easy moving on. And you... I'm coming home in less than 2 months. I don't want to get too close to you -I took a deep breath and decided to tell him more- I know it will hurt after leaving.
 -What if we kept in touch? What if I could visit you? There are so many solutions to that problem...
 -Michael, it's not that easy, believe me. I want to keep in touch with you, but just to talk. It won't work out.
    We both stood there, silently. After a minute or so I thought on continuing the game.
 -And what about Amy? What did she do to hurt you that much?
    He raised his head, making our eyes meet. He looked sad, I knew I shouldn't go there but, I had to.
 -She also cheated on me. With one of my best friends at the time.
 -Really?
 -Yes... She started making up rumours about us, about me. She told everyone that I broke up with her because I wanted to fuck girls in general, not just her.
    I didn't know what to say. From what he told me the other night, it seemed like they had a good relationship.
 -But she was the one to cheat?
 -Yeah... I caught her with him. She texted me that day saying she was sick, and wasn't coming to my house. I thought of surprising her with flowers and apparently she was the one to surprise me. I guess we don't have that many differences, uh?
     I felt sorry for him. I knew what he was going through and I knew it was hard. I embraced him, but stopped when I noticed the teacher was looking at us. He grabbed my hand and kissed it softly.
 -You don't look like the other girls. And I'm not afraid of trying to have you, even if it implies having to run after you...

 -You wouldn't have to.

_______________________

    We got out of class and went to the entrance, were everyone went to spend the break. I noticed someone following me so I looked back and Amy was there. Amy told me to wait for her because she wanted to talk to me. She was with Zoey and Christy, the two English girls. Both of them seemed really nice and I kind of wanted to be friends with them, but Amy was in the way. There was no way I was going to be friends with her. Not after what Michael told me.

 -Hey, Sophia! I want to talk to you about... you know... Michael. I know he looks like a really good guy but he's not quite what he seems. Look, he probably already told you a million bad things about me, but girl to girl, be carefull. He might hurt you... And I don't want another victim around me.

    ''Another victim''? What does that mean? I said not to worry and walked away. Yeah, I'm not falling for the ''innocent'' part she's playing. I looked at Michael from distance. He was wearing Calum's snapback and he looked so good. His hair actually made him prettier, even though a lot of people talked about how bad it looked. I liked it. I realised how handsome he is, I never really had the oppurtunity to do so.

 -Hey, Sophia! Tommorrow night we're going to a café on the afternoon, want to come?

    Luke's voice caught my attention, pulling me away from my thoughts.

 -Sure.

 -You can't even disguise it... -Luke told me looking at Michael.

 -Shut up, you idiot.