Chapter 40

It's been two days since I called Luke. He has been spending them giving shows and preparing what I asked him to. He's being really helpful and I never thought he would actually help me. I had such a crazy idea, but I know he's cheering for me so he said yes.

    I have been working and going back and forth on my place. I have nothing to do... Phillipa is still on tour with them, and for what she told me, she has already forgiven Zoey and Christy. Apparently they didn't do it on purpose, they did it as an impulse. I didn't talk to them after what happened, and I really don't want to. They lied in my face and didn't even said ''sorry''. Phillipa and Calum are together, stronger than ever,  always posting pictures of them online and the fans really accept her. Maybe it's because she's just like all of them. She helped them become who they are now, so she's in a good place.

    All of the guys are doing pretty well at the shows. I've been seeing some videos of them, and they are really good in what they do. They're growing so much... They're nominated for some awards, and Phillipa called me giving the news, crying. They're so excited. I wish I could be with them right now...

    Today is the last day of work. My boss fired me because he doesn't need anyone working there. The business is dying and he doesn't want to lose his money, he's probably going to close the café. At least that's what I would do... Even though I prefer to still have a job, I already saved a lot of money which is really helpful to what I'm going to do.

 -Hey Sophia.
 -Hi.
 -Ready to your last day of work?
 -Sure.

    I picked up a towel and started cleaning the tables. A few clients came in, but nothing like the usual. A lot of people that used to come here, now go to a new and more modern coffee shop acroos the street. It's sad to see my boss acting like he doesn't care because everything he ever did his life was taking care of this place, that was bought by his parents.

    I was about to leave when an old lady came to the shop. She's the only one that comes here even with other places to go.

 -Mrs. Robinson... Do you want the usual?
 -Yes please, dear.

    I prepared her coffee and a simple small treat that she always asked for. She called my name one more time.

 -Yes?
 -I heard it's your last day, dear.
 -Yes, it is.
 -Are you going to see your loved one again? Since you have more free time...
 -I don't know, yet.
 -You should. Don't be dumb like me... I lost the greatest man of all time because I was a coward, and thought I could live without him. Don't be afraid and fight for what you want...

     Mrs. Robinson always gave the best advices... Everytime she came here, she asked me about him, about Michael. I smiled.

 -Don't worry, I will. Now I have to go, my shift ended.
 -Oh, go and enjoy life. Bye...
 -Bye.

____________________

*-Luke, is everything ready for the surprise?
 -Yeah... When do you think you can come visit us?
 -I don't know... Maybe in two weeks?
 -Yes, that's awesome! Michael misses you... And he's screaming right now saying he doesn't but he does...
 -Shut up Luke -Michael says- Sorry to interrupt but don't believe what Luke says.
 -Why? Is it not true?
 -Well, yeah...
 -So you do miss me?
 -Yes...
 -I knew it!
 -I'm going to hang up but I know that you do too.
 -I do... Bye Michael.
 -Bye! Love you...*

    Why does he always say ''love you'' even though we are far away from each other? He must be doing this just to get on my nerves...

    My phone buzzed and I walk towards it so I could see what it was.

From: Phillipa
Message: Surprise? What surprise?

To: Phillipa
Message: What do you mean?

From: Phillipa
Message: I heard Luke talking to his phone, saying his name, and I heard your voice over the phone! Talking about a surprise!

To: Phillipa
Message: Oh, it's nothing.

From: Phillipa
Message: Sophia, don't you lie to me! Tell me what's going on...

To: Phillipa
Message: I'm doing a surprise for my mum and Luke's helping me, giving me ideas.

From: Phillipa
Message: Do you think I'm that dumb? Come on... I heard him talking about you coming here to visit us.

To: Phillipa
Message: We're just trying to plan it... That's not the surprise.

From: Phillipa
Message: Than what is it?

To: Phillipa
Message: If I tell you it stops being a surprise, doesn't it?

From: Phillipa
Message: You know I'll torture Luke to tell me what's going on so save him the pain and start spitting it out.

To: Phillipa
Message: Sorry, it won't happen. I guess Luke will have to suffer.

From: Phillipa
Message: Have I told you you're a really bad friend?

To: Phillipa
Message: Go on and torture Luke, I'll make sure to put Calum torturing you too.

From: Phillipa
Message: You wouldn't do it!

To: Phillipa
Message: Try me.

    I decided to text Luke because I know Phillipa too well. She won't quit from trying to know what's going on, and if I tell her, she'll tell everyone else.

To: Luke
Message: Please don't give up. Phillipa will ''torture'' you but please don't tell her.

From: Luke
Message: Don't worry, I won't. She has already started...

To: Phillipa
Message: Stop torturing him! He doesn't deserve it...

From: Phillipa
Message: ''Can't stop, won't stop''.

To: Phillipa
Message: You're evil.

From: Phillipa
Message: I know.

    These little things actually made me feel like I was there with them. I have no one with me that can make me feel happy and this is the only way to feel closer to them.

    Since it was night time, I made my way to the window to close it. I looked into the sky and saw some stars. It reminded me when I spent the night with Michael on his bedroom, leaning against him and looking at the sky.
    I went to my bed, grabbed my phone again and gained courage to type a message.

To: Michael
Message: I miss you... Good night.