Chapter 25

I held a card on my hand that was hanging on my neck. It could read ''Backstage Pass'' and I showed it to the security guard. The man on a black suit nodded and guided me with his hand to a hallway and I walked that way. I was all alone, some of the girls were on the bathroom and the other ones were talking to some fans. I started to read the papers glued to the doors until I found one saying ''5 Seconds of Summer : Ashton Irwin; Calum Hood; Luke Hemmings; Michael Clifford''. I knocked on the door and slowly opened, not knowing what was happening behind it. The first thing I noticed was a big room, filled with food and drinks and people. It was white and the walls were covered with lockers and there were benches all around the room.

As soon as I got in, a beautiful young lady came to me to lead me to Michael. I remember her face from somewhere, but I don't know who she's related to or even her name.

 -Oh, I'm sorry, I don't thing we ever met. I'm Mali-koa Hood. I'm Calum's sister!
 -Hi! I'm sorry, I didn't recognised you.
 -I't okay, you only saw me once.

She smilled at me but I noticed the atmosphere changing. She grabbed my arm and pulled me to a corner where no one was, is that a family thing?

 -Look, I know this sounds weird, but can I ask you some questions?
 -Sure... About what?
 -It's about Phillipa. I don't know her that much, but my brother seems to really like her. They have been together a lot and I never saw Calum act the way he does around a girl. I'm worried that she might not be good for him. You know her, don't you?
 -Yes, I do. She's my friend and I can honestly say that she wouldn't do anything that would hurt him, if that's why you're worried.
 -You think so?
 -Yeah, absolutely.
 -Thank you, you just took a really big weight of my chest. I worry about my little brother.

    She giggled. Mali then proceded to take me near the guys. All of their family were there. Ashton was surrounder his little brother and sister, with his mum beside them, Calum with his mum and his sister coming his way and Luke was with his two brothers and his mum was taking pictures of everyone. Michael was sitting on a bench, hugging his mother.

 -Hey, Sophia! Thought you would never come... So what did you think of the show?
 -It was awesome! Everyone loved you guys! There were so many peop-well, girls singing along to your lyrics!
 -Really? -Luke suddently appeared behind me.
 -Yes! They told us that they were subscribing you guys on YouTube and they have seen your videos.
 -So it's working?! -Michael got up, almost in a hysterical mood.
 -Yes! Even better than we thought it would! -Ashton shouted from the opposite side of the room -Come here and check this out!

    Everyone got caught up in the curiosity of Ashton's scream and went near him. I glanced over the phone and saw 571 people subscribing them.

 -Saw the number? Now let me refresh it for you.

   I glanced over the phone again, looking for the number of subscribers and... What? It marked 745 people. Wow, it grew up fast. Really fast!

 -Guys, everytime I refresh it, I see more subscribers, more views, more likes, more comments! They loved our show and are now becoming fans!

_______________________

    The ride back home made me tired. It wasn't like it was that long, but road trips, no matter how long/short they are always make me quiet and definately not in the mood for hearing high pitched screams of excitement.

 -I can't believe this! We're famous! I told you we were going to be famous! Didn't I, Sophia?! I did!
 -Michael, let Sophia rest, can't you see she's tired. It's been a long day, just keep quiet and talk to yourself.

    Karen always had a calm tone on her voice. She made Michael calm down and kept on driving the car back home. Michael was so thrilled and so was I, don't get me wrong, but I was just tired. Without saying anything I grabbed my phone and went to their YouTube account. More people were following them and I scrolled down on the comments section. ''You go guys'', ''You're really cool'', ''Keep the good job'' were among the many comments. It was nothing excessive, but definately great for a start. I glanced over to the rearview mirror and saw Michael's smile one more time until I fell asleep on the car.

_______________________

 -Hey, little angel.

    My eyes were slowly opening with the sound of two car doors closing and another one opening. It was a bit dark outside, but the weather was still hot. I saw Michael with one of the sweetest smiled I ever seen on him, and he picked me up, as I was still half asleep, and took me from the car to my room.

 -My mum's going to cook something for us now, do you want anything special?
 -No, I'm okay with whatever she's doing, I'm just really hungry. I'll literally eat anything.
 -Oh, do you want to eat me? -I laughed with his words.
 -It wouldn't be a bad idea, but now I prefer some food.
 -Okay, just giving you ideas.
 -I know. -we both chuckled.

    I was laying in bed with Michael, trying to choose a movie for movie night, which was tonight. Everyone was coming over to watch a movie and later we would go out. Michael was showing me some trailers and we decided to watch a horror movie.

 -I know a really good one. It's an australian horror movie and it's really scary... At least that's what people say. It should be fun to watch.
 -An australian movie? I don't think I ever watched an australian movie...
 -There's always a first time for everything.

_________________________

    We just finished dinner and I helped Karen doing the dishes while Michael prepared the living room for the guests. After cleaning the kitchen, Karen went to her bed to rest and I prepared the popcorn, some other snacks and the drinks. I brought them all to the living room by myself, and Michael was closing the windows, lighting up a few candles and closing all the spaced that could light up the room. Everything was so dark, and the only sorce of light we had came from the candles and the screen. Michael and I layed some pillows on the floor, on top of a big mattress, due to the amount of people joining tonight. We couldn't all fit on a couch so we decided to watch the movie on the floor, creating the perfect environment to scare other people. This was going to be an interesting night.

 -Michael, quick! They're here!
 -Do you think this will work out?
 -Definately... Now come here and pretend it's all normal.

   I reached for the door knob and opened the front door, and all of them were standing behind it waiting to come in.

 -Hey! Have you decided what we're going to watch? -Luke asked, curiously and with a bit of fear in his eyes.
 -They certainly did. Look at this, they're making us watch a horror movie, am I right? -Zoey said, looking at the atmosphere on the room and enlightening everyone up.
 -Yeah, me and Sophia saw some trailers and wanted to see a horror one, so welcome to the night of terror. -Literally everyone in the room laughed about it, but they wouldn't laugh later.
 -So, everyone's ready? -I asked.

   With all of the approval I clicked on the play button and sat on Michael's lap, leaning on a wall. Phillipa was doing the same thing with Calum and I wonder if she remembers our deal. If she talks with Calum about their relationship, I'll talk with Michael.

    The movie started and everyone went silent. Luke, Ashton and Zoey looked really scared, and they were all hugging each other. The first part of the movie was the representation of a family composed by a single mother and a child. It was just showing their life, so we could better understand their minds and their actions. Soon, the creepy scenes started to kick in. With one jumpscare, I could see how scared everyone was, including myself, but I couldn't stop wondering how would they react to what me and Michael had prepared for them. Was it too much?

 -Do you think it's a good idea to do this?
 -Don't worry, Sophia. It will be great, especially to us. -he laughed.

    When the story was developing, Michael whispered ''the adventure is about to begin''.

Taking the Long Way HomeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara