Chapter Sixty-Two

|| Two chapters today because I may not be able to post on Friday, enjoy! :) ||

After we bought the dress and Kendall put it in the car we aimlessly walked around the mall holding hands, just like we use to. We went into one of Kendall's favorite music stores and have been here for about 45 minutes but I didn't mind.

I was sitting on the bench connected to the wall as Kendall played a guitar that he didn't have. I watched him t as he concentrated on the instrument, moving his fingers along the neck of the guitar and its strings and his eyebrows scrunching together when he played a chord wrong.

I hadn't even noticed he stopped playing until a guitar pick hit my nose. "Wake up over there" Kendall winked as he sat that guitar down and picked up a new one.

"I am awake! I was just watching you" I admitted.

"That's a little creepy" he said as he adjusted the guitar strap around his shoulder.

I stuck my tongue out at him as he began to strum and I picked up his phone to play a game. A few minutes later he received a message from Carlos.

"Babe," I said interrupting his playing, "Los texted you."

"What'd he say?" he asked not moving from his position.

"Hey man are you up for coming over tonight? Dustin mentioned you guys hanging out but Lex and I thought about doing a little end of tour party. Just you two, us, James, Peta, Logan, and Mac. You in?" I spoke relaying the message.

"You feel like it?" he asked me.

"You're the one who just wrapped up a radio tour. It's your call" I pointed out.

"Tell him that's cool but don't mention you're coming. We'll keep it a surprise" he winked.

I chuckled at his little plan and responded to Carlos' message before locking his phone. "Ready to go somewhere else?" Kendall asked as he placed the guitar back on its stand.

I nodded as I got up and handed him his phone back before grabbing his hand. We walked out of the music store hand in hand and were just walking around the second floor when we heard little giggles.

I half turned around and started giggling myself. "Looks like you've got some followers" I whispered.

There was a group of young teenage girls who were walking behind us and sneakily snapping pictures of the two of us. Kendall turned and waved hello to them before facing me. "Want to play a little joke on them?" he asked with an eager look on his face.

I nodded in agreement even though there was no telling what he had in mind. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the open entrance of Kay Jewelers.

"Kendall, what are we-?" I began.

However the man behind the counter interrupted me. "Welcome! My name's Randy, what can I help you two with?" Randy asked excitedly.

"We were wanting to look at engagement rings" Kendall said louder than usual and putting emphasis on the word engagement.

We instantly heard the group of girls erupt in a fit of squeals and excitement. "That is so wrong!" I whispered yelled at Kendall but he didn't do anything but laugh.

Kendall motioned for Randy to come closer and he explained what we were really up to. Randy laughed under his breath but helped us out and played along.

We spent a good 10 minutes with me trying on various rings that Kendall and Randy picked out before Randy told us they were gone. We thanked him and walked out of the store before laughing like two idiots.

"You have to admit that was pretty great" Kendall said settling down.

"It was but it was still mean! Now they're all going to think we're getting engaged!" I said as I playfully slapped him.

"What's so bad about that?" Kendall asked seriously.

"Well...nothing I guess but..." I stuttered.

"Hey relax," he said pulling me close, "I didn't mean 'let's get engaged right now' but maybe later on. Like waaay later on." I smiled up at him and felt myself relax as he planted a kiss on my forehead. "Let me take you somewhere" he stated.

"But we've got to be at Carlos' in just a little bit," I said as I glanced at my phone, "He said to be there around 7."

"We'll make it I promise. It's just after 5:30 and the place I want to take you is near their house. Please?" he begged.

"Okay let's go" I said caving in. We went back to the car and started driving to who knows where.

After about 30 minutes of nonstop talking, laughing, and obnoxious singing Kendall parked the car.

"Where are we?" I asked as I met Kendall around the back of the car.

"This isn't it. Follow me" he instructed as he took my hand and we began climbing up the hill.

Ten minutes later Kendall stopped right in front of me, making me run into him. "This is it" he said as he pulled me in front of him.

I stood there in awe of where we were. He had led us to a spot on the hill where you could look out and see LA for miles and miles on end. On top of that the sun had just begun to set, making the view even more breathtaking.

"Aww Kendall," I gushed, "This is beautiful."

"A beautiful view for a gorgeous girl" he said as he snaked his arms around my middle section. I turned in his arms and looked up at him.

With the setting sun hitting his dirty blonde hair and making his eyes twinkle even more so than usual I felt myself falling even more in love with him.

"Thanks for coming back," he said in a hushed tone, "I don't know what I would've done had I lost you for good. And I know things are going to get hard for us again but I'm going to try my damn hardest to make it easy for us, I swear."

I shot him a little crooked smile before I found the words I wanted to say.

"You're not the only one who's going to try their hardest. I'm going to be the best damn girlfriend ever," I said laughing a little bit, "I'll come to as many shows as I can, make you thousands of cups of tea when you're throat is sore, and whatever else a singer's girlfriend is supposed to do."

"I just want you to be you; be the girl I fell in love with. The girl I am in love with. And promise me you won't change, that we won't change" he pleaded.

"You've totally twisted my life around in ways I never would've imagined but I promise we won't ever change," I said as I looked him in the eyes, "Everything has changed since I met you. And I hope that I have changed your whole world too. Even if we don't make sense half of the time."

Kendall laughed a little at my last remark but the look on his face remained serious. "We may not make sense, but that's what makes you mine" he said as he leaned in a lightly pressed his lips up against mine.

As we pulled apart I turned to look at the remainder of the sunset and rested my head on his chest as he rubbed my back. "I love you" he whispered as his kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too" I responded as I picked my head up to look at him.

"Now how about that party?" he asked as he took my hand and we walked back down the hill toward the car.