Chapter Seven

I can't believe I was really going on a date with Kendall; I still couldn't believe my parents agreed to this!

I was so happy when I found out that I couldn't help but to wrap my arms around Kendall's waist and hug him. I lifted my head from his chest and smiled at him. "Thanks for doing that for me" I said.

"I know we just met, but something tells me you're worth fighting for" he replied as he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

We made our way to the door and told Dustin and Kendall's security guard where we were going. Of course Kendall's security guard said he would have to come with us for safety reasons, but that he'd keep his distance.

We walked outside into the cold night air to wait for a cab. As we were waiting, Kendall pulled me in tighter, closer to his chest. It felt amazing to be here with him; I don't know what it was, but something made me feel right at home, like that's where I was meant to be.

A cab finally arrived and Kendall kindly opened the door for me.

"To the mall please" he told the driver.

He must've read my mind because before I could say anything he looked at me and said "Don't worry, I'm taking you to eat any of that crappy food court stuff. This is a real date."

I laughed at his comment, but to be honest, I could care less where we went or even if he did take me out for dinner at the food court. As long as I was with him, I knew I'd be happy and that I'd have fun.

About 10 minutes later we arrived outside the mall and I instantly knew where we were headed.

"Kendall, no. The Cheesecake Factory is waaaay to expensive, I can't let you do that."

"Good thing I didn't ask your permission then, huh?" he said with a little smirk.

We got out of the cab and made our way inside with Kendall's security guard following a safe distance behind us.

"Reservation for Schmidt, please" Kendall told the hostess.

"Yes sir, if you'll follow me" she said as she grabbed menus and silverware.

Kendall placed his hand on the small of my back as we made our way to our table and pulled my chair out for me once we had arrived.

"You made reservations? When did you do that?" I asked.

"Right after I saw you outside" he said with a sly smile.

"And if I wouldn't have been able to come?" "Then I would've had to take Dustin on an awkward dinner date so thanks for saving my ass" he laughed.

I laughed right along with him, "My pleasure."

We talked until the waiter came to take our order and then once we ordered, we picked our conversation right back up. We talked throughout our meal until I noticed a set of eyes on us.

"I think you've got an admirer over there" I winked.

Kendall looked over and a little girl who was about 5 or 6 was making her way over to our table with her mother in tow.

"Well hello there sweetie" Kendall said.

"Hi Kendall" she said in the sweetest little voice. Her mother was quick to step in, "I'm so sorry but she insisted on coming to see you."

"She's fine really, it's not a problem" Kendall said.

"Kendall, is that your girlfriend?" the little girl asked with her finger pointing toward me.

I kept my eyes locked on Kendall as he said "Well no, not exactly."

The little girl looked back and forth between us before saying, "Well she should be, I like her!" We all giggled a little bit at her comment before her mother rushed her away after apologizing once more.