Chapter Twenty-One

I woke up to the beeping of Kendall's alarm clock at 5:30 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and stretched before nudging Kendall awake.

"C'mon Ken, you've got to go" I said as I shook him gently.

"I changed my mind. I'm not going" he grumbled as he put his pillow over his head, covering his ears.

I couldn't help but laugh at how childish he could be sometimes. "Nice try buddy. Seriously Ken, you need to get up."

He reached over and slammed his hand down on the alarm until his hand found the snooze button and a silence spread throughout the room. I kept my eyes on Kendall waiting for him to actually get up out of the bed.

"I know you're staring" Kendall said, his voice muffled by the pillow. He then lifted the corner of the pillow so that I could see his sleepy face.

"I'm going downstairs," I said as I pecked his lips, "You better get ready." I threw the covers back and walked out of the room, but not before making sure Kendall got up.

Twenty minutes later he came downstairs fully dressed in khaki pants, a denim button down, and vans to match.

"Well don't you look handsome" I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"You sure you'll be okay today?" he asked worriedly.

"Aren't you forgetting that this is my hometown? I'm from here, I'll be fine babe. Besides I think I'm going to get my mom and aunt to come over and bring me my clothes from home and help me unpack everything."

"Sounds good! Don't work too hard, I'll see you tonight" he said as he gave me a squeeze, kissed me goodbye, and ran out the door to catch his flight.

*Kendall's POV*

Its too damn early to be on a plane right now that's for sure. I hate having to leave Celine home alone to do all the unpacking by herself but it's not like I could really skip out on this meeting.

Truthfully, I'm scared to death about what they could say in New York today. I acted like I was okay and that it wasn't a big deal around Celine, but I was worried.

What if they said we leave for tour after Carlos' honeymoon? That's only two weeks away.

I couldn't do that to her; I wouldn't be able to handle it. I just hope this meeting goes the way I want it to.

*Celine's POV*

Once a few hours had passed and the sun came up, I called my mom and asked her to bring over some clothes and stuff that I would need.

At least getting everything set up in the house and having my family around would keep my mind from wandering to Kendall and how everything was going at his meeting.

Just then I heard the doorbell ringing repeatedly. Only my family would do something like that. I went running downstairs to open the door.

"I'm coming I'm coming! Chill out!" I yelled as I ran toward the door. I undid the lock and threw the door open to reveal Landon and my aunt standing there smiling like a couple of idiots and loaded down with boxes.

"Damn y'all are annoying" I huffed.

"And your shit is heavy now let us in!" Landon sassed back.

After two trips to the car we almost had everything inside. As my mom and aunt were setting things up in the kitchen, Landon and I went to go get the last of the boxes from the car.

"So how does it feel?" Landon asked out of the blue as we walked back toward the house. I furrowed my brow and looked at him. "How does what feel?" I asked.