Chapter Eleven

Thank goodness my teachers kept us busy all throughout my first two classes or else I would've had to deal with telling my friends everything.

Now it was time to face them whether I wanted to or not. As soon as I walked in the cafeteria, I spotted the four of them at a table waving me over.

When I got close enough, Ashlyn grabbed hold of my arm and yanked me down.

"Spill it. Now." Taylor demanded.

"We wanna hear everything!" Cassidy added.

I took and deep breath and did just that. I started from when I dropped my phone and Kendall kissed my hand and stopped at my conversation with him this morning on my way to school. They all sat quiet for a minute once I was done talking.

"C'mon guys, say something. Please." I begged.

"Wow." Taylor said.

"That's so awesome!" Ashlyn commented.

"So you and Kendall are a serious thing?" Cassidy asked to clarify.

A small smile spread across my face as I spoke. "Yeah, we are. Guys he's great and he makes me really happy."

They looked at me and smiled. "Well if you're happy, we're happy too" Taylor said.

Just then the bell rang to go to third period and we all went our separate ways, except Matt and I. Our classes were right next to each other so we made our daily walk together, but today we were unusually quiet.

I nudged Matt in the side and looked at him, "C'mon dude, you're never this quiet. What's on your mind?"

"Nothing." he snapped as he walked into his class.

What the hell?!

The bell finally rang to end the school day and I walked to my usual meeting place for Matt so we could walk to our cars together, but he wasn't there. I looked around for him but didn't see him anywhere. I waited a few minutes but then gave up and walked out to the parking lot.

When I got there I saw Matt leaning against my car with his sunglasses on.

"Hey stranger" I said as I sauntered up to him.

"Hi." he said quietly.

"Okay what's bugging you? Ever since lunch you've been acting weird." He let out a big sigh and looked at me.

"How could you not tell me? Hell, I'm your best friend! I was texting you all weekend and you never said a word about being out with some superstar."

"I told you guys, I wasn't sure if Kendall wanted me going around telling everyone. Once I talked to him about it, I told you guys. Y'all were the first to know, I swear."

"What happened to 'if anything happens you'll be the first to know'?" he asked quoting my exact words from earlier today. "We tell each other everything no matter what it is...this isn't exactly something you keep from your best friend."

I was at a loss for words. I just stood there looking at him until I found the right thing to say. "This has more to do with just me dating Kendall doesn't it?"

Matt didn't respond which meant I was right. "C'mon Matt, talk to me."

He finally took off the glasses and look me dead in the eye. "For as long as I can remember it's been you and me, best friends that do everything together. Now some guy comes along and your crazy about him. And to top it all off, you don't tell me..."

"Ohh I get it. You seriously think I'm going to replace you? Matt, I'm crazy about Kendall because he's my boyfriend, but you'll always be my best guy" I said playfully punching his shoulder.

He laughed a little, "Ya mean it?"

"Absolutely! You know all the embarrassing stuff about me that no one else knows...if Kendall ever finds out about any of that you're the first one I'm hunting down."

That finally got a real laugh out of him. "There's that smile I've loved since preschool!" I joked as I pinched his cheek.

"Thanks, Celine. I was stupid to get so jealous, but I just don't want you to get hurt. You'll always be my best girl." he said while pulling me into a hug.

"I'm a big girl Matt, I'll be fine." Just then my phone rang and I saw it was Kendall calling.

Matt looked at me and said "Go ahead and talk to lover boy. See you tomorrow!"

Matt got in his car and drive off as I picked up my phone.