Chapter Twenty-Five

*Kendall's POV*

I finally got in the house and sat down all the stuff I had gotten in the kitchen. To my surprise, neither Celine nor Jenna had come into the kitchen when I arrived. And it's not like they couldn't hear me, I accidentally dropped a few bottles of soda so there's no way they couldn't have heard it.

Even after I put up the groceries they still hadn't come around. I began to get worried so I took a look around. I walked downstairs and checked down there but there was no sign of them.

As I came back up the stairs I noticed something on the table in the foyer that caught my attention. My nerf gun?

I walked over and saw a note laying on top of the toy gun. 'You wanted a nerf war so here you go. Plus, you stole my bacon. Jenna and I are both armed and have plenty of ammo and we were nice enough to do the same for you ;) Get hit three times and you're out, good luck babe. You're gonna need it!'

Oh crap. I quickly grabbed my gun and the extra darts and shoved them in my pockets.

"YOURE ON GIRLS!" I yelled and it echoed through the house. I took off running through the first floor looking for any sign of Celine and/or Jenna.

I walked into the back bedroom and looked around but didn't see anything. As I turned to walk out I heard something shift under the bed. I walked around the side of the bed and laid down on the floor.

When I looked under the bed I was met with a nerf gun much like my own. "Heyyyy Kendall" Jenna said as she pulled the trigger. The dart shot out and centered me right in the forehead.

"You're kidding, I'm up against a twelve year old" I grumbled as I got up and plucked the dart off my face.

Before I knew it Jenna was out the door but not before I got in one shot and nailed her in the back.

"You can run but you can't hide!" I shouted as I ran after her. I caught her as she was running up the stairs and shot her with another dart to the back.

"Cheap shot!" she called as she wheeled around and shot randomly, somehow hitting me in the chest. To my advantage Jenna tripped as she got to the last carpeted step and fell to the ground, her weapon flying out of her hand.

"One more shot and you're done kiddo" I stated.

"Eh go ahead. Cece will get you" she smirked. I did as she suggested and got her one last time.

"Any idea where she is?" I asked as I helped Jenna up.

"No clue, I went and hid before she did." Just as I stood up a dart went flying past my face, just missing my nose.

"Dammit!" Celine huffed as I turned my attention to her.

"Close call babe" I said slyly. Next thing I knew Celine bolted toward our bedroom but I shot once and got her in the back of the head.

I'm sure I'll pay for that one.

I stopped just before our door and pressed myself against the wall taking a deep breath. She had one hit and I had two; there's no way I'm letting my own girlfriend take me out.

I sneakily walked into the room and went the the bathroom to check it out; no Celine. I moved to the closet; no Celine. Where could she be?

Before I knew it I felt a dart hit my leg and bounced down onto the floor. Dang it, I thought, a sniper shot.

"That's three Schmidt! You're out!" Celine laughed as she crawled out from under the bed.

"I want a rematch" I demanded.

"Next time you take my bacon we'll have a rematch, deal?" she questioned while sticking out her hand.

"Deal...but this'll have to do for now." I rushed forward and picked her up by her legs, throwing her over my shoulder.

"Kendall! Put me down!" she yelled as she hit my back. Against her protests I ran down the stairs and started running all over the first floor. Her protests turned into heartfelt laughs as I stopped running around.

I walked over to the couch and threw her down and I sat next to her. I pulled her onto my lap and took a good look at her.

She had changed out of her mismatched pajamas and into a pair of my sweats and a tshirt, her hair in a loose ponytail with little hairs flying everywhere, and her glasses magnifying her piercing blue eyes; she was gorgeous. "That was fun!" she giggled.

I laughed along with her, "yeah it was. I'm glad we're not one of those boring couples."

She gasped feigning hurt. "Us? Boring? Never!" she chuckled again. I tucked a piece of hair back behind her ear as she continued to laugh.

"God I love you" I breathed. She chuckled again and she leaned in to kiss my lips. "I love you too" she said as I pulled her in close to my chest and hugged her tight.

Sitting here with her like this was perfect. We were perfect and nothing was going to change that.

"What are you doing?" she asked, her voice muffled by my shirt.

"I just missed you today" I said innocently.

She sat up and looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "Ken, you were gone for like an hour and a half" she reasoned.

"That's too long" I laughed.

"What are you gonna do when you go on tour for a whole month?!" I grabbed one of the pillows off the couch and shoved it in her face.

"Shh! We're not talking about that" I said as she struggled to remove the pillow from her face. I pulled it away and started laughing even harder.

"You're so mean!" she pouted with her bottom lip stuck out.

"You're cute when you pout babe" I said as I pecked her on the cheek. "How about a movie?"

"I'm down!" Jenna exclaimed as she popped up out of nowhere and jumped over the back of the couch.

Celine got up a popped a disc into the player and then joined Jenna and I on the couch. I put my arm around her and pulled her close as she rested her head on my chest.

"You guys are so touchy" Jenna said acting grossed out.

"Oh yeah? What about now?" I asked. I leaned down and connected my lips with Celine's and held the kiss longer than usual.

"Okay! That's enough!" Jenna squealed covering her eyes.

I pulled away from Celine and winked at her before she laid back down and we settled in for the movie.