Chapter Twenty

I inhaled sharply as Kendall took my hand and led me to the living room.

"We'll give you two some space" my mom said as she ushered everyone downstairs.

I sat down on the couch, shaking nervously, as Kendall sat in front of me on the coffee table. He grabbed both of my hands in his and just sat there for a minute, nervously moving his leg up and down.

I couldn't take it anymore. "Ken c'mon sweetie, tell me what's going on" I said sweetly.

He sighed and looked up at me. "I've got to go to New York tomorrow, but only for the day. I'll get up early and leave and be back before you fall asleep tomorrow night" he said.

"Okay well that's not such a big deal! You scared me for a second" I said relieved.

"That's not all..." he said as he trailed off.

I waited for him to start talking again but he looked like he was off in space. "Kendall?"

I saw his lips move and a noise come from his mouth but I couldn't understand what he said. "Just tell me, please." I begged.

He took a deep breath and looked away from me. "I'm going on tour again...with BTR" he said quietly but loud enough that I could hear it.

My heart stopped. I had just got him back in my life for a while and he was about to leave again?

"How long?" I asked, trying to keep my voice from cracking.

"I'm not sure, that's why I've got to go to New York. The guys are meeting me there and then we'll set everything up."

"So there goes our month together huh?" I asked disappointed.

"Not necessarily," he stated, "tours are a big deal. There's no way they could throw one together in just a few days. Plus with Carlos' wedding coming up soon, odds are it won't be until February."

"That's great!" I exclaimed. He still wasn't looking at me. I released my hand from his grip and used my fingers to turn his face toward mine.

"Hey, it's okay. We still have an entire month together-"

"Hopefully" he interrupted.

"Either way, we've got some time together. It's better than none at all" I reminded him.

"I guess you're right" he said, still looking upset.

"I always am" I joked. Thankfully that got a smile out of him, relaxing some of the tension in the room.

"There's that smile" I said as I leaned in to kiss him.

"How're you so calm about all of this?" he asked.

"I honestly have no clue," I laughed, "I guess because I've learned something over these past few weeks."

He raised his eyebrow at me, "And what would that be?"

"That we've got to live in the moment; right here, right now, together. Because that's what we have and that's what we're sure of. Neither one of us has any idea when you'll have to leave again or when you'll be able to come home so it's just best that we make the most of what's happening right now." I stated.

"Damn, I'm one lucky guy" he said coming in to steal another kiss.

"Can we come back now?" I heard Landon yell from downstairs. I pulled away from Kendall laughing.

"Shh don't say anything" Kendall whispered as he tried to kiss me again.

"They'll know something's up" I said as I pecked his lips. "Come on up!" I yelled.