Chapter 89 part 1-3

Demi POV
He comes into the room and we sit down. "I talked to my management today and they want us to do red carpet at the VMA's... As a family, together." "When?" He asks rubbing the back of my neck. "December 8." "A work night?" I nod. He raises his eyebrows. "You don't have too. I told them I'd ask." "Well that's up to you." He says. "It's really not. I have to go and will probably take the kids whether you do or not." "It's a school night." He says. "So. It's not gonna kill Corey to miss one day of school." "Maybe I don't want him to miss a day of school." Colton says. "Why do you make things so difficult?" "I don't." "Their my kids just as much as they are yours." I say. "Corey's not." He says. That pisses me off. "Bullshit. Out of everything I have done for you?" I say. "Like what?" "Letting you live with me when you found out you had a two year old son. Paying for everything for him and for you. When you forgot everything. You know how hard that was watching you sleep on the couch... Watching your kids cry because their father doesn't remember them... How about when you cheated on me? I forgave you and you know why? Because I love you with all my heart and if you can't see that after everything I've done for you... Then I don't think this is gonna work... I'm tired of crying, I'm tired of going to bed alone at night hoping you'll come back because it's not gonna happen... I'm getting the kids..." I say getting up. "Your not taking Corey." He says. "And why not?" "Cause he's my son..." "I am just as much his mother as you are his father." "I have custody. Your not his biological mother... If you want custody, take me to court. Your not taking him." "Fuck you." I go into the kitchen. I pick up CJ and take Kenzie's along with their bags. "Corey I'll see you later." I say giving him a kiss. He doesn't say anything because of my harsh tone. I get the kids buckled in and get in myself. I start the car and just stop breathing for a minute, relaxing and realizing what just happened... I wipe away a tear and look back, pulling out of the drive way.

~~~~

I get home and take the kids inside. "Where's Corey?" Kenzie asks. "He's staying with daddy tonight." "Why?" She asks confused. "Because he needs a ride to school tomorrow." I say making something up. "Oh." She says upset. "It's okay sweetie. Go upstairs and pick out some pj's please." She nods. I take CJ, change him into his pajamas and lay him down. He mumbles something but I can't make it out. "Love you." I say bending into the crib to kiss his head. I leave the door cracked and take the monitor into my room before going into Kenzie's. I change her and read her a book. "I miss daddy reading to me." she says. "I know you do. Go to sleep." I say. I get up and close the door leaving it cracked. I get on Twitter and see everyone freaking out cause they think I'm "going back to my hold habits". I take a picture of my tattoos on my wrist and post it on Twitter. "Don't worry baby's... I got these tattoos for a reason. #/stayingsrong." I then post again hoping Colton will see it. "Pretty low when you have to take something someone cares about so much to prove a point. Everyone makes mistakes... Even you. #/rememberme." That's a song I wrote for him when he forgot us. I'm hoping it'll bring back some memories. No matter what he does I will always love him. There's nobody else I'd rather be with. He may be a dick but under that he's a great guy and I really hope one day he realizes how much I love him. He knows. He just won't believe it. I go into the bathroom and get a shower. Once I finish I get on my phone and see Colton's post. "Mistakes that happen in the past are the past. Mistakes that happen in the present are here and need to be taken care of. #/takingcareofit." I post in Twitter "#/dick." Everyone laughs thinking I'm joking but I'm not. He pisses me off sometimes. I go into the kitchen and take my pills. I open my medication for bipolar and realize it's empty. I put it back and call my doctor. He doesn't answer so I just leave it. It shouldn't hurt for a couple days without it.

~~~~~

The day of the award show comes. It's early December and I've already started Christmas shopping. I've done a few little shows here and there but I'm not gonna go back on tour until January. Then I can focus just on music until March. That's when I'm gonna film the show. It got pushed back a little bit. I'm only taking Kenzie and CJ. Colton has made it very clear that Corey isn't "my son" and he refuses to let him go on a school night. I haven't seen Colton since. I call to talk to Corey but have no interest in seeing him. I miss my little buddy though. I ask Marissa to come with me to help with the kids in case I get called up. She agreed and we're getting ready now. Her and Dallas are the only people who know about the whole situation. I haven't told my parents but probably will have to soon. "Hey handsome." I say as CJ walks in in his suit. "Woah..." Marissa says as I pick him up. "Since when could he walk?" She asks. "Like two or three weeks now. Where the hell have you been?" She looks at me and then shrugs picking up Kenzie. "Your getting big girl." She says. "No..." Kenzie says shaking her head. I laugh. We get into the car that picks us up and get to the award show. We do red carpet. I go on by myself and then Max brings me CJ and Kenzie and they take a few picture too. CJ gets overwhelmed with the screaming and the lights and starts to cry so I take them off. We get seated and I sit next to Taylor Swift and in front of Nick and his girlfriend. Taylor steals Kenzie and I talk to Nick with CJ half asleep on my lap. By the time my award comes CJ's asleep. Kenzies getting there. She's leaning against me. "And the winner is.... Demi Lovato!" The camera goes on me and the screams turn into awes as they see CJ. I hand Taylor CJ and Kenzie gives me a hug and kiss before I go onstage. I accept my award and go backstage. The end of the show comes and both kids are asleep. I carry Kenz in one arm and CJ in the other, each laying their head on my shoulder. I leave and make it home. That's when I get on my phone and see blog sites already freaking out but sad part is its true. Their talking about how Colton and I are over and since Corey's not my biological son Colton has the power to say I can't see him and that's exactly what he did. I get on Twitter and post a picture of CJ, Kenzie and I from tonight in our outfits. "Thanks for the VMA! You guys are the best. The kiddos had a great time at their first award show even though they fell asleep in the middle of it😂😂."

~~~~

So Demi stopped taking her meds! What do you think will happen?

Comment and vote!

~Ashley