Chapter 26 part 1

Demi POV

My dad's funeral is tomorrow so today I'm driving out to Dallas to be with my dad's side of the family. I don't really know most of them so Its gonna be awkward but I just wanna see everyone. It's all I need right now.

Colton and Corey are coming to keep me company and to make sure I'm okay. I'm loading the car now with Colton. We've decided to drive just because I don't feel like dealing with Corey on the plane and it will give me time to get my thoughts together. Corey comes out with his stuffed animal in one hand and sippy cup in the other. I pick him up and sit him in his car seat.

"Did you use the potty?" I ask. He nods. "We're not stopping for a couple hours."

"I know. I peed." He says.

"Okay."

I go lock the dogs up.

"Mommy will be home later." I say. My neighbor agreed to come over and let the dogs out a couple times a day. I lock the door and get into the car.

"Ready?" Colton asks.

"Yeah." He pulls out.

"Fuck..." I say. He stops.

"What?"

"I forgot something." I get out and run back inside.

Colton POV

"That's a bad word." Corey says.

"Yeah I know."

"What does it mean?"

"It's another word for hot dog."

"What?" He asks. I nod.

"Okay?" Soon demi comes out and we leave. Ten minutes into the ride Corey talks.

"Momma?"

"Hmm..." Demi hums.

"I have to pee." She looks back at him.

"You said you went when we left."

"I didn't have to go then." He says.

"So you lied?" He shrugs.

"Pull over." She says. I stop at the next fast food restaurant we pass and take Corey in.

"Why is mamma in a bad mood?" He asks. I giggle.

"She's just upset."

"Well that's not my fault..." He says walking past me. I giggle a little before catching up with him.

My smart little boy...

~~~~

Hey guys. Sorry it's short! I'm on vacation but wanted to give you guys an update so here it is!!

Comment and vote!

~Ashley