57/ Fallin' For You

Alice is so lost in her thoughts, so much so that she doesn't even realize when the songs ends. She had never even considered FP falling in love with her, never thought it was a possibility, after all, the arrangement was purely for sex.

She's drawn out of her thoughts by FP repeatedly saying her name, fingers drawing circles on her lower back. "Al? The song is over."

"Oh..." she blushes as she lets go of him, stepping back. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it." He scratches the back of his neck. "You want to take a breather? Get a drink or something?"

"Sure, can you get me a martini, please?"

He smiles. "Coming right up."

She walks over to their table and tries to process his confession, though she doesn't have the time to do so as Hermione claims the seat beside her. "You two looked awfully cozy out there, looking very coupley." Alice stares at her, seriously. Hermione's eyebrows crease. "What's wrong?"

"He told me he's falling in love with me."

Hermione's face lights up like a Christmas tree. "I knew it! Did you say it back?" Alice shakes her head nervously. "Why not?"

"I don't know, it's just... he caught me so off guard. And I'm-"

"Sorry," FP says softly as he comes up to the table, drinks in hand. "I can give you two a few minutes?"

Alice smiles at him and pats the seat next to her. "Nonsense. Join us."

He grins and takes the spot next to her, passing her her requested drink. "Looks like everyone's starting to head home."

"Thank God, my feet are killing me. I was practically on my tip toes during that last dance because you're too damn tall."

"Sorry, babe. Next time I'll crouch."

She smiles at the nickname. "That's all I ask."

A couple walks over to the table with Fred, saying their goodbyes to the happy couple.

FP turns to Alice and lowers his voice. "Do you want me to drop you off at home?"

Her eyebrows crinkle in confusion. "I thought you were staying over?"

His face goes red and he awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "I uh... I didn't know if you still wanted me to."

She offers him a smile and leans over to kiss him softly. "I definitely want you to."

"Good." He leans in for another kiss and curls his arm around her to keep her close.

_____

"Congratulations again, you two." FP calls as he and Alice get out of the truck, arriving home at the same time as the newlyweds.

"And have fun on your honeymoon! Have a safe flight." Alice adds, walking to the end of the driveway to give Hermione a hug. "I love you so much, I'm so happy for you." She whispers.

"I love you, thank you for all your help today." She pull away and looks over at FP waiting patiently for Alice. "I want to know everything that happens. Unless you two just have sex, I don't want those details, I know too much as it is."

"There's definitely stuff to talk about. I'll keep you posted."

She waves goodbye to Fred as she walks up her driveway to FP. He waves to the couple and curls his arm around Alice, feeling her shiver despite his jacket he had slung over her shoulders when they left.