40/ Best I Ever Had

The front door opens as Alice is prepping dinner for her and FP later. Since Betty is at Hal's for the weekend and Jughead is going off to a writing course, they thought it might be fun to spend the weekend together. Though those plans are quickly forgotten about when the front door opens.

Alice crooks her head to see who her visitor is, shocked to see her daughter standing there. Hal always picks her up from school when it's his weekend to have her. "Hey honey, aren't you supposed to be at your dad's? Did you forget something?"

"No. Dad has the flu, he said I'm still welcome to come but he doesn't want to get me sick, plus he would probably just be in bed all weekend and it wouldn't be a very good time."

"Oh." Alice pauses. "Well I was just prepping for dinner, I guess its a dinner for two now."

"Sorry mom, you probably had plans and I'm ruining them." Betty says as she sits down at the counter.

Alice frowns and walks over to her. "I'm thrilled you're staying here this weekend, I hate when you're gone." She presses a kiss to her forehead. "And I didn't have any plans, don't worry about it. I was probably just going to have Hermione over tonight but I'll tell her not to come."

"You don't have to do that, mom. I don't mind if Hermione comes over." Betty assures her.

"Nonsense, I get to spend some extra time with my favourite person. I'll be right back."

Alice hurries up the stairs and picks up her phone, quickly dialling the number to Pop's and hoping FP will be the one to answer, not any of the other workers or Pop.

"Pop's Chocklit Shoppe, FP speaking, how can I help you?"

She sighs in relief at the sound of his voice. "You're very cute."

"Al?" She can hear the smile in his voice and it makes her smile as well. "Hey you, what's up?"

"Well, uh, Hal has the flu so Betty's staying home this weekend."

"Aw shit." He sighs. "Guess that means our plans need to be put on the back burner."

"Sadly." She frowns. "I'm sorry for bothering you at work, I just wanted to let you know not to come over after your shift anymore."

"We can reschedule for the next weekend she's at his place." He assures her. "And don't apologize, you're never a bother, I love when you call me. Besides the place is practically empty, I can talk for a few minutes."

She smiles at that. "You're sweet. It's a shame our plans fell through though."

"Agreed. I'd love to be sharing a bed with you for the weekend. Maybe spooning... or forking, whatever you prefer." She laughs. "I mean that's after the marathon sex we'd have of course."

"Of course." She agrees. "I'd love for that plan to still be on. I don't think I could leave the house with Betty home, she'd most likely hear me leave and interrogate me. I would sneak you in but I'm afraid she'd hear the door."

"What if I climbed?" He joked.

She smiles a little. "You'd climb a tree to come sleep with me? I'm flattered."

"I've got a ladder at home." He tells her as if it's no big deal.

She laughs a little and thinks on it for a moment. "That's a very tempting offer, my bedroom is practically a freezer lately, I could definitely use the extra warmth from you." She knows it's a bad idea but she can't help herself, the thought of cuddling him all night is too good to pass up. "You think you could make zero noise?"

He raises an eyebrow. "Absolutely."

"I'll text you when she goes to sleep, park a little down the road just to be safe."

He smirks. "Are you being serious, Alice?" He questions, not sure if she's just playing along or if he should actually be loading up a ladder when he gets home.

"Dead serious." She answers. "Unless you think it's a bad decision."

"Well I don't think it's a good decision but we don't make a lot of those anyway so who cares. I'll be there."

_____

"It's the first window on the right." Alice instructs FP through the phone. Betty had gone to bed over an hour ago and Alice had decided that was long enough for her to have fallen completely asleep, so she texted FP.

He rounds the corner, his ladder in hand and his phone between his ear and shoulder. She waves down at him so he can tell for sure which window it is. He smiles and hangs up the phone before lining up the ladder. She cringes as it makes noise and she just prays it's not loud enough to get the attention of Betty.

He pushes it up against the house as gently as he can and looks up at Alice, giving her a thumbs up.

She pushes the window up as far as it can go as he starts to climb up and reaches down to hold onto the ladder and help keep it sturdy. She chuckles as she watches him look uneasily at the ground. "Not a fan of heights?" She questions.

"Just worried the ladder's going to give out on me." He climbs up and Alice offers him a hand as he climbs in the window. "I looked like a crazy person carrying a ladder down the street."

She laughs. "Where did you park?"

"Around the corner, luckily you live pretty close to the end of the road so it wasn't that long of a walk, I've never had to carry a ladder that far." He shuts the window and turns back to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. "You were worth it though." He drops a kiss to her nose and she giggles.

"Well I hope so, I am the best sex you've ever had."

"You think pretty highly of yourself there, Smithy."

"I just speak the truth, and I know that's the truth." She drapes her arms over his shoulders and presses a kiss below his ear.

"Do you now?" She nods and pulls his earlobe between her teeth.

"You love sex with me, it's dirty, fun, sex without all the feelings and commitment." She says. "Name one other person who would let you do even half the dirty things I let you do to me."

"Please, you should try and find someone who will do some of the stuff I let you do to me. I don't know if I know a man who could've handled edging."

She smiles. "You barely handled it."

"Hey, you didn't handle it so well yourself missy." He slips his hands down to her butt, covered just barely by her short nightgown. "But you're right, you are the best I've ever had. And I'm the best you've ever had." He nudges her towards the bed.

She lay back onto it with a grin, raising the hem of her already short nightgown. "Prove it to me, Jonesy."

He pulls off his t-shirt and kicks off his pants, before grabbing her ankles and pulling her towards the edge of the bed. "Oh I intend to."