17/ It Just Comes Natural

"Betty?" Alice calls as she walks into the house. "Sweetheart are you home?"

"In the living room mom."

She walks into the room and is shocked to see Jughead sitting across from her daughter. "Oh, hello Jughead."

"Hi, Ms Smith."

"I invited Juggie to stay for dinner, I hope that's alright."

"Of course it is."

"I was going to ask you this morning but I didn't want to wake you."

"Oh, yeah I slept in much later than planned this morning. I guess I set my alarm wrong." She wasn't even home last night, Betty doesn't need to know that though. "I'm going to change." Alice leaves the teens in the living and head up to her bedroom.

She had brought her work clothes with her when she went to FP's last night, he had told her he was going to be making breakfast if she wanted to eat before she left for work and well, how could she resist that?

She had stuffed her clothes from the night before into her purse and as she's throwing them into her laundry basket she realizes that her underwear are nowhere to be found. She double checks in her purse and panics when she realizes they're not there.

She hears Betty call for her and she gets changed quickly before going downstairs to see what she needs. "Yes?"

"Can we get Pop's? Jughead and I can go get it."

"That's fine." She thinks on it for a moment. "You two seem to be in the middle of homework, I can go pick it up. What would you like?"

_____

"Al?" FP questions from a booth in the corner.  "What are you doing here?"

"I came to get food for the kids and I." She walks over to the booth he's sitting at joins him. "I'm glad you're on your break though because we need to talk."

He raises a nervous eyebrow. "About what?" Her face turns red and he laughs. "Alice, I've kissed every inch of your body, I don't think you have anything to be shy about now."

"I think I left my panties in your bedroom." She whispers.

"Oh, shit. Really?"

She nods. "I stuffed my clothes from last night into my purse and I didn't even pay attention to make sure they were all there. I got home today and noticed they were missing."

"Shit, I didn't even think to look. I'll find them as soon as I get home, or if you want I can give you my keys and you can go look yourself."

"No, it's okay, it's not an emergency I just... I don't want the kids to find them."

"Jug rarely goes in my room, I think you're good. Plus if he's at your place than he won't be home to find them, don't worry."

"Let me know when you've found them?"

"Of course."

"Okay, I'm going to go get takeout for the kids and I. I'll see you later?"

"Definitely." He stands up and takes a quick glance around the diner before giving her a kiss. "Are you free Thursday morning after the kids leave?"

"Free as a bird. Come keep me company." She presses a kiss to his jaw as his hands slip down to palm at her butt. She laughs and takes them in her own.

"I'll be there around nine."

"Perfect." She kisses him once more and then heads to the counter so she can order food for her and the kids, all too excited to see FP on Thursday.