52/ Makin' Plans

Alice's face lights up in a grin as her phone starts to ring, FP's name appearing on the screen. "Good morning."

"Good morning indeed." She can practically hear the smile in his voice as he talks to her. "You feeling better today?"

"Yeah, when I got home Polly was up so we had a chance to talk, things are okay. Though I'm not too excited about becoming a grandma in my forties."

"Well you're still hot, and I'll still sleep with you even if you're a grandma, so don't worry."

"Oh good, because that's what I was most worried about." She teases.

"Don't lie, I know you can't resist me." She laughs and the sound is music to his ears. "I have a question for you."

"Shoot." She balances the phone between her ear and shoulder as she continues doing dishes.

"Well there's a little party at the Wyrm on Friday night, nothing crazy, just a little get together, and I was wondering if you wanted to come and be my date."

"Ooo FP Jones asking me on a date, it's very hard to say no to."

He chuckles. "Then say yes."

"Well I'd love to, but I have this Betty this weekend so I'll have to make up something. Any ideas?"

"You've got a hot date at the Wyrm."

She rolls her eyes fondly. "Very funny. I'll figure something out, I'll let you know."

"Deal. Hope you can come, it's fun having the hottest date in the joint."

"Ditto, plus we don't have to hide down there."

"Yeah that's definitely a perk. Alright, I've gotta head to work but I'll talk to you later."

"Maybe I'll stop by later on, Betty's been wanting Pop's."

"You'll make my whole day."

She smiles. "Well now I have to come in. I'll see you later, handsome."

"Looking forward to it."

_____

FP's face lights up as soon as he hears the bell above the door chime, and he turns to find Alice and Betty walking in. "Hey you two, nice seeing you."

"Hi Mr Jones!" Betty greets. "How are you?"

"I'm good, Betty, thanks. How are you?"

"Hungry."

FP laughs. "Yeah I think you've been hanging around my boy too much, his eating habits have rubbed off on you." He looks to Alice and gives her a smile. "Alice. How are you, long time no see?" He smirks and what she wouldn't do to slap it off him, or kiss it off him, either one would do.

"I'm good. Great actually, thanks for asking." She turns to Betty. "Do you want what you usually get?"

"Please, extra fries."

Alice nods. "Why don't you go get us a booth, I'll order our food."

Betty walks off in search of a seat and Alice narrows her eyes at FP. He laughs. "What's that look for?"

"Long time no see? Really?" She smiles so he knows she's not actually mad.

"I think I'm pretty funny."

"Mhm. Can I order?"

"Bossy." He grabs a notepad and pen. "Alright, hit me."

"Don't tempt me." He chuckles. "Can I get a cheeseburger, extra fries and a strawberry milkshake?" He nods as he scribbles down the order. "And another cheeseburger with onion rings and a vanilla milkshake?"

"Coming right up." He grins at her and she fights back a smile of her own. "You come up with anything to tell Betty, yet?"

"Not yet, I'll think of something."

"No need, I thought for you."

She raises an eyebrow at him. "I'd like to approve this first."

"It's good I promise."

"FP." She warns.

He laughs. "Look, do you want to come with me or no?"

"You know I do."

"Then trust me." He tells her. "Now go sit your sexy ass down, I wanna stare at your butt."

"I regret coming here." She teases.

"You love it." He smirks as she puts a little extra sway in her hips, knowing his eyes are glued to her backside.

As promised he brings over their food shortly after. "Cheeseburger, strawberry milkshake and extra fries." He sets the order down in front of Betty and looks at Alice as he places her order in front of her. "And a cheeseburger, onion rings and a vanilla milkshake. Enjoy you two."

"Thank you."

He starts to walk away but stops and turns back to him. "Oh!" He walks back over to the table and rests his hand on the booth above, hand nearly touching Alice's shoulder and she just knows the stance was picked on purpose. "Before I forget, Betty, what are you up to this weekend?"

She shrugs. "Nothing special, probably just relaxing at home or hanging out with some friends. Why do you ask?"

"Well I've got a party to go to on Friday so Jug's gonna be alone for the night and I'd feel better if he had some friends with him, so I was going to suggest he invite a few over for a movie night."

"Yeah that sounds fun, Mr Jones. I'll message him about it."

"Great. Anyway, sorry I'm disrupting your meal. Enjoy!"

He shoots Alice a wink that Betty thankfully doesn't see and disappears into the kitchen.

_____

"Honey you can go get in the car, I'll pay and be right out." Alice passes her the keys.

"Okay!" She watches as Betty heads out into the parking lot and sets her sights on FP.

He smirks at her as she walks over to the counter. "So? What did you think?"

"Smooth Jones, real smooth."

"Hey it worked didn't it? I'll pick you up at seven."

She smiles. "I'll be waiting. How much is my bill?"

"Don't worry about it, it's on me."

"FP-"

He raises his hand to cut her off. "No arguing, now get out of here, you're too hot it's distracting."

She laughs and gives his hand a squeeze. "I'll see you on Friday, Jonesy."

"Looking forward to it, Al."