26/ The Story Of Us

"Breakfast was delicious, Al." FP tells her as they finish washing up their dishes. He had come over after both kids left for school. It's become a regular, her going to his place or him coming to hers, spending the day together.

"Thank you. And thank you for helping make it as well."

"Of course, I wasn't going to sit around and watch you make it, this isn't the fifties."

"Hal always just read the paper and drank coffee while I cooked, he didn't even offer to do the dishes. Though the girl's were always eager to help."

"Sounds like your husband was kind of an ass."

"He wasn't all bad, he just had a very traditional mindset. I was in charge of cooking all the meals and getting the girl's ready for school." She scoffs. "Hell, some nights he would even plan out when we had sex."

FP laughs. "He planned sex?"

She nods. "Not all the time but some days yes. It took all the mystery out of it, I missed the days when he would kiss me and things would just progress from there." She looks at him. "That's the fun with you, because while I know that we're going to have sex when you come over, it's new and exciting. There's always something thrilling about it with you. Something new that we haven't tried, a new way you touch me. It's exciting."

"And it's good." He adds.

She laughs in agreement. "Yes, it's very good."

"Did he at least-"

"Yeah, he always made sure that I was satisfied, and I was. It's not like it was bad sex or anything, it was good, it just wasn't anything extraordinary."

"Well, now I think I'm going to have to make our visits more exciting. Try something new every time I see you." He smirks at her.

She drapes her arms over his shoulders and gives him a kiss. His own arms wraps around her waist to hold her close. "Just as long as these new things don't cross over into either of our boundaries." She raises an eyebrow at him and he nods in agreement, giving her another kiss.

"Of course not, I still want you to be comfortable." He presses a kiss below her ear and whispers in it. "But I still want to make your toes curl."

She feels her mouth go dry at the promise but tries to play it cool, as if the dirty promise didn't just send a wave of arousal through her body. "Well then let's see what you've got handsome. Lead the way."

_____

"You know, you still haven't told me much about this guy." Hermione says. "I mean all I know is that he's the best sex you've ever had, you met him in a bar and you two did it up against the window." Alice smiles at the memory, feeling her cheeks heat up. "Just be happy Fred didn't see it."

"I'm almost wondering if he did, for about a week after that he was always acting so awkward around me."

"Oh yeah no he didn't see it." Hermione quickly assures her.

"And how would you know? Unless you're constantly talking to Fred I don't-" then Alice clues in and she smiles devilishly. Hermione notices and her cheeks turn a violent shade of pink. "Oh my God! You're seeing Fred!"

Hermione gasps. "I am not!"

"You so are, why else would you be blushing like a complete fool right now?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Alice narrows her eyes at her. "If you tell me the honest truth I'll answer one question about my mystery man."

Hermione pouts at her. "That's low. You know how badly I want to know about this guy."

"Exactly, now spill your guts Gomez."

"Fine." Hermione gets a devious idea of her own. "But only on one condition. You have to answer two of my questions."

Alice thinks on it for a moment. "Alright. But you can't tell a soul."

"Well duh. Anyway, okay... I have been seeing Fred." Alice grins. "But it's just casual, we've gone on a couple dates but we've been keeping it low key just to test the waters."

"And? How are the waters looking?"

"Honestly?" Hermione smiles. "Really good. I mean you know how crazy I was for him in high school, but with Mary in the picture I never got the chance to see if we would work out. I feel like I'm fulfilling teenage me's wildest dreams. Plus, he's even sexier now."

Alice laughs and curls an arm around Hermione. "That's great though, I'm glad you're happy. After Hiram cheated on you you were just so sad, I wondered if you'd ever be able to get over him."

"Well as far as I'm concerned, Hiram can eat shit. Him and his prissy new fiancé."

"Cheers to that!" Alice raises her glass to Hermione's with a clink. "Alright, what are your questions?"

"Ooo, okay. Um... what's his name?"

Alice sighs, wanting to keep her and FP's relationship their own little secret. "FP."

"FP?" Alice nods. "What does that stand for? Wait! No! Don't answer that, that's not my second question." Hermione thinks for a minute. "Okay, tell me the honest truth. Do you have feelings for him?"

"Hermione." Alice whines.

"Answer the question, woman."

"I don't know. I really do not know."

"Come on, Al. You and I both know that's a lie." Hermione points out, trying to get Alice to admit to the obvious feelings she has for the man.

Alice let's out a heavy breath. "It's complicated."

"How so?"

She shakes her head. "Nuh uh, you already used up your two questions, no more."

Hermione frowns. "Fine." She starts pouring them both some more wine and let's out a laugh. "By the way, I told Fred you had sex against the window, that's why he was acting all awkward around you."