3/ One Night Love Affair

There's an arm wrapped firmly around her waist when she wakes up and it's such a foreign feeling that part of her thinks she's dreaming. Hal was never a very cuddly sleeper, she forgot how much she missed being held.

She rolls onto her side and surveys the man next to her. His arms are muscular and firm, and with the sheets hanging low she can see the defined abs on his stomach.

His hair is messy, no doubt from her fingers carding through it the night before. His lips are pouty and full in his sleep state and all she can think about is how she wants to kiss him. He's got a hickey on his shoulder, and lipstick marks on his neck. He's a complete mess and it's so sexy to her. She's sure she doesn't look any better.

She's quite proud of herself, she wasn't exactly cohesive the night before, so she could have easily went home with some gross, creep from the bar. Instead, she got an incredibly sexy, dark haired stranger, and she mentally pats herself on the back.

She catches a glimpse of the clock on his nightstand and slowly slips out of his arms,
careful not to wake him.

She gathers up pieces of her clothing on his bedroom floor and steps into them before heading out to the living room in search of her shirt. She takes one last look at him, still fast asleep, before slipping out of the bedroom.

Walking to the bar doesn't seem very appealing but waiting for a cab in his living room sounds much worse. She really doesn't want to have to face him, after being married for so long it was easy not to be embarrassed of her body. Hal has already seen everything, after all they have two children together, but having to face the only other man who's seen her naked in the past twenty years sounds pretty mortifying.

Sure, keeping up with her Pilates has kept her in good shape, and she would be lying if she said she was ashamed of how she looked, but it would be too strange to look him in the eyes so soon after. Though she's pretty sure if he were to wake up she'd give it to him all over again. The truth is, in the past twenty years Hal never made her feel so alive. And yet, FP, a complete stranger, managed to in one night.

There was nothing wrong with her and Hal's sex life, she'd confidently say it's better than most people's, but eventually it became repetitive, just like a routine. All the excitement that was there in the beginning just slowly faded out. She had gone out of her way to buy some fancy lingerie and book them a nice hotel room in Greendale for her anniversary, and while it worked to spice up that portion of their relationship for a little while, it didn't last.

FP made her feel amazing, had paid attention to her and her body. He somehow knew when to pick up the pace or slow it down, like they had been doing this for years. He took his time when taking care of her, even when she insisted on returning the favour, he had shaken his head and gone right back to business. It was nice to feel so taken care of, especially when she had gone so long without.

She's about to start the walk over to the Whyte Wyrm when she spots a notepad on the coffee table. A quick note couldn't hurt. She scribbles down a short note, thanking him for the night before, and then makes her way out the door.

_____

She hadn't bothered to look in a mirror before she left, only noticing her appearance when she had gotten home and was about to step into the shower. Her lipstick is completely gone, her hair is a mess, and perhaps the most noticeable thing are the hickies that cover the side of her neck. They don't just stop there though, no, he's trailed them down to her breasts, and there's one on the inside of her thigh. It's going to be a chore to cover them up everyday, and turtleneck shirts are going to have to be her new best friend until they fade.

Betty is home by the time she gets out of the shower, and she greets her with a smile. "Hi, sweetheart! How was the sleepover?"

"It was good, we stayed up late and now I'm exhausted." She pours herself a bowl of cereal and sits down at the counter. "How was your night? You seem like you're in a good mood, what did you get up to?"

"I got very drunk."

Betty fondly rolls her eyes. "That's a healthy coping mechanism." She reaches out for Alice's hand. "Seriously, mom. Are you okay? I mean, ending a twenty-year relationship can't be an easy thing."

"Honey, I'm fine, I've told you." She walks around the counter and curls her arm around Betty's shoulder. "Yes, ending the marriage was a difficult decision, and yes, I will always have love for your father but I just wasn't happy. This is a good thing, I promise you, I'm alright. You'll be the first to know if I'm not."

"Okay, I'm glad you're alright. But, seriously mom, no more getting drunk to cope, you're going to destroy your liver."

Alice smiles and presses a kiss to her daughter's head. "Deal."