58/ Afterglow

Alice stirs awake and reaches over for FP, wanting to just cuddle up to him and go back to sleep. She feels nothing but an empty space next to her and her eyes flutter open. She's confused for a moment until she registers the sound of the shower running.

She smiles to herself, happy he hasn't left yet. The air in the room is cool and joining him in a nice hot shower sounds very appealing. So, she slips out of bed and walks into the en suite.

He turns around and grins when he notices her. "Hey you."

"Hi. Would you like some company?"

"From you? Always." He slides open the door and she steps in, wrapping her arms around him to steal some of his warmth. "Did I wake you?"

"No, I just rolled over to cuddle up to you and realized you were gone. Figured instead of going back to sleep I could catch a shower as well. Plus, there's the added bonus of showering with you."

"That's definitely a bonus, you're right." He tilts her chin up so he can press a kiss to her lips.

"I bought you soap by the way." She points to a soap bar and he smirks.

"You trying to tell me I smell or something, Al?"

She laughs. "No, I just... you stay over often enough and we shower together, so I thought that maybe you'd prefer to use something that isn't floral scented. Plus a bar of soap is inconspicuous enough that Betty won't ask questions."

"You're cute." He kisses her again and turns her so she's under the spray of the water.

He picks up her shampoo and massages her hair with it, rinsing it out and doing the same with her conditioner.

"You should come shower with me more often, I like not having to do anything."

He smiles. "Believe me, I'll shower with you whenever you want. No complaints whatsoever."

_____

"I could get use to mornings like this." Alice pleasantly says.

FP had made them breakfast and brought it up to her bed so they could enjoy as much of the day together as they can.

"Yeah?" She nods. "Well I can definitely get on board with that. I'd love to have lots of mornings like this with you." He presses a kiss to the top of her head and and relaxes further against him. "I'd love to have days and nights like this with you too."

She sighs and reaches for his hand, entwining their fingers. "Maybe someday things will be less complicated and we can."

"Someday soon hopefully."

She smiles and turns so she's sitting on his lap. She leans in and pecks a kiss to his lips which he's more than happy to return.

He grips onto her hips as she kisses him and flips her over so he's hovering above her. A soft moan slips past her lips as his kisses move to her neck, and she hooks a leg around his hip to keep him close.

"FP," she tries to say, but it comes out sounding more like a moan rather than a question. "FP?"

"Yeah, Al?" His voice vibrates against her throat and he pulls back to look at her.

They lock eyes and she smiles softly as she stares up into his big brown ones. She cups his cheek with her hand, trying to muster up her courage.

"I-" Her phone ringing cuts her off and she groans. "Hold that thought."

FP moves off of her so she can grab her phone. Betty's name ashes on the screen and she her she and FP's time together is up momentarily. She answers it and presses the phone to her ear. "Hi, honey."

"Hey mom, Jug and I are ready whenever you are."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

She hangs up the phone and looks over at FP, who seems to already know what the conversation was, with a frown. "I'm assuming we have to say goodbye?"

"Unfortunately yes."

He nods. "What were you going to say before she called?"

"I... nevermind. It wasn't important."

He frowns, seemingly knowing what she was planning to say. "Ok." He leans in and kisses her softly. "Come on, babe, I'll walk you out."

_____

After multiple more kisses against his truck, she finally leaves to go pick up the kids.

Betty and Jughead hurry out shortly after Alice pulls into the driveway, waving goodbye to their friends before slipping into the car.

"Hey kids, how was your night?"

"Good," Betty answers. "We all pretty much crashed as soon as we got here."

"Yeah, same here." Alice lies.  "I'm glad you had a good time though."

"Did Mr Jones have a good time?" Betty asks.

"Yeah," Alice smiles. "I think he really enjoyed himself."