21/ Turkey Lurkey Time

Her phone lights up as she changes into more comfortable clothing. She smiles when she sees it's from FP. "Happy thanksgiving, Al."

"Happy thanksgiving to you too. Do you and Jughead have any fun plans for the holiday?"

"Eating our weight in food." She laughs and another text comes through. "What about you and Betty?"

"She's with Hal."

"I thought you had her for thanksgiving?"

"His parents invited him and the girls to their lake house, I didn't want to be selfish and keep her from spending time with her grandparents just because I don't want to be alone."

"I'm sorry, Al. I had no idea. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It sucks that she won't be here but Hal agreed to let me have her for Christmas so at least I've got her then."

_____

The day has proved to be very boring, just like she had expected. All she wants to do is have thanksgiving dinner with her daughters, instead she's spending the holiday completely alone.

Her phone starts to ring just as she's opening a bottle of wine, ready to drink away her sorrows. She picks it up and her heart nearly stops when she sees Polly's name flashing in the screen.

She answers it quick, all too eager to talk to her daughter. "Polly!"

"Hi mom."

"Hi honey, how are you?"

"I'm good, I'm with dad and Betty."

"I know, he told me you were going to be spending the holiday with them. Are you guys having a good time?"

"Yeah, a great time. It's nice to see Grandma and Grandpa again, it's been a while."

"I'm sure they're just as happy to see you. We've missed you." Alice grits her teeth as she forces out her next sentence. "You and Jason."

Polly laughs on the other line. "Mom, you don't have to lie, I know you don't like him."

"He makes you happy, that's all that matters." They're both silent for a moment. "I miss you, Polly."

"I know. Betty told me."

"I can't stand the thought that you're mad at me for the divorce, I never wanted to hurt you or your sister, it was just the best thing for your dad and I."

"I know, now that I've had some time to process it I understand where you were coming from. You and dad weren't happy, I just didn't want to believe it." She sighs. "All of my friends parents were getting divorced and I just never though that would happen with you two."

"I never thought it would either. But on the bright side, things are really good with us now, we're friends."

"Good, I'm glad." She pauses. "Do you think Jason and I could come see you soon? Or just me if you don't want him to come."

Alice's eyes well up with tears. "Oh Polly, I would love that. You can bring Jason, just as long as I get to see you."

"I'm not sure when we can come but I promise you, I'll come see you soon."