35/ Happy

"Holy shit." FP breathes out. Alice laughs softly as she wraps herself up in his sheets. "I missed you so fucking much."

"I missed you too." She presses a soft kiss to his lips and rests her head on his thigh as he sits up against his headboard. She can't stop looking at him, so glad he's actually with her again.

She smiles as his fingers run absent-mindedly through her hair and she's sure the action could easily lull her to sleep.

"That felt like the longest two weeks of my life."

She smiles a little. "Worth the wait though, right?"

He smiles down at her and she lifts her hand to his cheek, running her fingers along his beard. "Definitely worth the wait."

_____

Betty and Veronica went out over an hour ago. Alice had decided to take the alone time to clean the house. As she's fluffing the couch cushions she hears her phone going off repeatedly. She hurries to check it, worried something has happened to Betty or Veronica. Instead she sees a slew of text messages from Hermione asking if she's home. Alice answers and tells her she is and waits for a response.

Rather than a text however there's a knock on her front door. Her eyebrows wrinkle in confusion as she walks over and opens it, revealing her best friend on the other side. "How did you get here so fast?"

"I was at Fred's." Hermione answers breathlessly.

"What the hell? Did you run here?" Hermione nods, gasping a little. "Okay, sit down, I'll get you a glass of water. Just calm down."

Alice heads into the kitchen to fill a cup with water and walks back out to the living room, handing it to Hermione as she sits down beside her. Hermione takes a sip and looks at Alice with excited eyes. "I'm engaged."

Alice's eyes nearly bulge out of her head. "Woah. What? What are you talking about?"

"Fred and I are getting married. We just decided it."

"This is huge!" Alice can't even full wrap her head around the idea.

"Am I making a mistake?" Hermione asks her.

"I don't think you are. You-"

"Alice," Hermione cuts her off. "Tell me what you honestly think. Right now I'm not your best friend, pretend I'm some random person you know. Give me your honest opinion on this."

"I think you're nuts." Alice states plainly. "I think you're absolutely batshit crazy," Hermione nods and looks down at her hands. "But I've always thought that." Hermione smiles a little. "It's really soon. You two haven't been together very long, are you sure about this?"

"I know it's crazy, but I love him. I've been in love with him since high school, so yes it may be soon and rushes but I'm sure about him, about us. I've never been more sure."

Alice smiles. "I think you just answered your own question." She draws her close and pulls her into a hug. "Fred's a good man, he's so perfect for you."

Hermione smiles. "I love him."

"I know you do." Alice tells her. "I just wish you didn't have to go through all that shit with Hiram, before finally ending up with Fred."

Hermione smiles a little. "But then I wouldn't have Veronica." She sighs. "She was worth every ounce of heartbreak he put me through." She rests her head on Alice's shoulder.

"So when's the wedding?" Alice asks her.

"Soon, hopefully. We want to get married as soon as possible. You're my maid of honour by the way." Hermione tells her.

"Well I better be!" Alice teases.

"I'll give you more details when we actually start planning."

"I'll gladly help in anyway I can."

"Actually there is something you can do." Hermione reluctantly tells her, not knowing how she'll react.

"Lay it on me."

"Fred wants to invite FP."

"Oh." Alice whispers, she wasn't expecting that. "I suppose I could ask him, but if Betty comes won't she find it odd? I mean how would you explain how they know each other?"

"Well we figured we'd invite Jughead since he's friends with the kids and then we could just extend the invitation to FP as well." Hermione explains. "If it's too weird he doesn't have to come, I can tell Fred it's just not going to work."

"No, don't do that." Alice tells her. "I'll ask him and let you know."

"Thanks, Alice." Hermione offers her a smile. "Now, can we celebrate? Fred and I have a bottle of champagne ready to be popped."

Alice laughs. "Lead the way Mrs Andrews."