63/ Just To Hear You Say That You Love Me

It's been a few weeks since the day she spotted her mom and FP in the diner. She's tried to pick up on anything that would elude to her relationship with the man, but either her mom is very good at keeping secrets or there's really nothing going on.

Maybe it was all just in her head. Maybe it was just two people comforting one another because they've gone through similar things.

Alas, she would come to find out, in the worst possible way, that was not the case.

_____

"I should make you cook more often," Alice quips as she lays cuddled close to FP's side, wrapped in the flannel he wore when he came over. "I'm very impressed."

He smiles. He came over after Betty left for school and after spending the majority of the morning in Alice's bed, he had offered to make them a late breakfast, which she was very eager to accept.

"I'll cook for you whenever you want." He presses a kiss to her hair and strokes her thigh. "You look good in my clothes by the way."

"Yeah?" He nods, smirking as she grips onto his shoulders and settles herself in his lap. "Well maybe I'll have to steal some from you next time I come over."

"Fine by me, you look a hell of a lot better in them than I do." He leans his head up to capture her lips and feels her smile into the kiss, her hands coming up to run through his hair while his stay firmly planted on her hips.

FP starts trailing his kisses to her neck and she's so lost in the feeling that she doesn't even register the sound of the front door opening and closing, doesn't hear the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Oh my god." Betty's small voice fills the room and it has both adults springing away from one another. "What the hell is going on?"

Alice stares wide eyed at her daughter and opens her mouth to say something when she just shakes her head and storms away. "Betty!" She scrambles out of bed and slips on her discarded jeans before rushing after her. "Betty, wait!"

She finds her in the living room, pacing back and forth angrily. "Let me explain."

Betty scoffs. "Explain? Explain why you were just making out with my ex-boyfriends dad?"

"You weren't supposed to see that, we thought we had some more time before you came home."

"Class was cancelled." She walks past Alice and sits on the stairs, dropping her head into her hands. Alice joins her, sitting beside her but keeping her distance. "I texted you to tell you but you didn't answer, now I know why."

"I'm so sorry, honey. We never meant for you to find out like this."

She shakes her head. "Was I ever supposed to find out?"

"FP mentioned telling you two not long ago, but then you and Jughead broke up and it just didn't seem like the right time."

"How long has it been going on?" Betty asks, bracing herself for the answer.

"Shortly after the divorce was finalized. We met at a bar on the Southside." Alice tells her, deciding she might as well be completely honest answering Betty's questions.