2 / Cheers (Drink To That)

"Mom?" Betty calls. She walks into the kitchen and sits down at the counter. "How upset are you from the divorce?"

"Not at all. Why do you ask?"

"Well Veronica is having a couple of girls from the cheer leading squad over for a sleepover, and I was invited but I didn't want to leave you."

"That's sweet, but really, I'm okay. Go have fun with your friends."

"If you need anything though, even if it's just for me to come back home and give you hug."

"I'll be just fine, Betty. This was good for me."

"I love you." Betty gives her a tight hug and Alice smiles.

"I love you too, sweetheart."

_____

That night Alice finds herself bored out of her mind. She has a bottle of wine in the kitchen ready to be opened but the idea of tequila sounds much more appealing. Besides, she's a single woman again, she deserves to celebrate.

So, she calls a cab and tells the driver to bring her to the nearest bar. He drives to the Southside and stops outside a building called the "Whyte Wyrm". She's never even heard of it but it's exactly what she was looking for. Just a place to drink, dance and forget all of her problems.

"This is perfect, thank you."

"Be careful though, this is the rougher side of town." The driver warns.

"I will be. Thanks again."

_____

She's on her fifth drink and is really starting to feel the effects when another person joins her at the bar. He's hot, that's the first thing she notices. He's wearing a flannel underneath his leather jacket and his dark beard just adds to his sinfully sexy appearance. "Haven't seen you here before." He speaks and God, even his voice is attractive.

"Haven't been here before."

"Thought so, I would've remembered you." She smiles and looks away to hide the blush on her cheeks. "So what made you stop by?"

"Just wanted a bar."

"What are you trying to forget?"

She raises an eyebrow at him. "Pardon?"

"You've been downing tequila shots like they're water, you gotta have a reason. Not that I'm not impressed, because I am."

She laughs. "My divorce was finalized today."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's a good thing. That's why I'm here, to celebrate."

"Yeah?" He raises an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah. He was an ass."

"So why'd you marry him?"

"Well that's hardly appropriate to ask someone you just met!" She scolds and he laughs.

"You're the one who admitted that you're newly single, you started this, I'm just keeping the conversation going."

She rolls her eyes. "He was charming, and I was young and naive."

"Well, you're free now."

"Cheers to that." She raises her glass and clinks it against his.

_____

They end up talking for most of the night, the conversation running so smoothly between them it's hard to believe they've never met before.

"Gah," Alice hisses and makes a face as she swallows the sip she took from his glass. "How do you drink that?" She reaches for the chip bowl and quickly pops one in her mouth to help disguise the aftertaste.

He laughs. "It's not that bad." There's a crumb on her lip, and he reaches out his hand. "You got a little something." His thumb drags softly across her bottom lip, and she stares at him, her blue eyes going dark.

His eyebrow quirks, and he leans in a little, just to see if she'll back away, but she doesn't. Instead, she moves in too and it's like fireworks go off as her lips brush against his, tantalizingly slow.

She's not even surprised that they're kissing, not surprised when his tongue slips past her lips to play with her own. But she is surprised with what comes out of her mouth next. "You wanna get out of here?" She whispers it against his lips and feels him smile. "Help me celebrate some more."

"You know it." He pulls a few crumpled bills out of his pockets and puts them on the bar. "My place or yours?"

"Whichever one's closer."

"Mine it is." He takes her hand and leads them out to the parking lot.

They walk clumsily to his trailer, both too intoxicated to drive and stumbling over their feet as they walk.

He has a hard time unlocking his door as Alice wraps her arms around his waist and leans up to kiss the side of his neck.

When he finally manages to open the door he turns her so her back is against it. He kisses her hungrily and her fingers find their way into his hair as she pushes herself closer to his body.

He slips his hands under her shirt just to feel her soft skin underneath. When she deepens the kiss he pulls her shirt over her head, and he pulls away from her lips to look at her newly bared skin. He smiles and moves his lips to her chest, kissing and nipping at her breasts even as they're still encased in her bra.

"Shit." She breathes out.

He moves back up to her lips, and she shoves his jacket and flannel off his shoulders. He pulls off his t-shirt and moves his hands to her butt, gripping as he lifts her up. Her legs wrap around his waist, and he carries her off to his bedroom.