8/ Shower

Alice stretches her arm out when she wakes up in the morning, searching for FP's warm body to cuddle up to, instead she feels nothing. She opens her eyes and sees the spot next to her is empty, his clothes are still on her floor though, so she knows he's still in the house. She can hear noises coming from downstairs, and she guesses that's where he is, so she puts on a pair of panties and claims his t-shirt from the floor before heading downstairs.

She finds him in the kitchen making breakfast and walks over to him, wrapping her arms around his middle. "Smells good."

"Hey you, good morning." He lifts his arm to wrap it around her and scrambles up the eggs in the pan. "You looked so peaceful when I woke up that I didn't want to wake you. I figured I'd make us some breakfast, hope that's alright."

"More than alright, means I don't have to cook." He laughs and leans his head down to brush his lips against hers. "I'm going to make some coffee."

She walks over to the coffee maker, and he watches her the whole time. "You look so good in my shirt, wow."

She smiles. "Glad you approve." She pops a few pieces of toast into the toaster while he scoops the eggs onto a plate.

She feels him wrap his arms around her waist as she's pouring coffee into mugs. He nuzzles his nose into her hair, the height difference between them somehow more noticeable to her now.

"What do you like in your coffee?" She asks him as she prepares her own.

"Milk and sugar." He answers.

She makes him his coffee and hands it to him. "Well thank you." He kisses her softly, he can't get enough of kissing her.

They sit down in the kitchen island and eat their breakfast together. In her mind she knows this isn't how these things go, usually in a friend with benefits situation, they'd have sex and then the other would go home until the next booty call. But with FP she likes being around him, enjoys his company, and well, they did say "friends" with benefits, so she supposes this is still just fine.

"So about last night," he starts. "We, uh, we weren't very safe so is there a possibility that you could be..." he trails off, not knowing how exactly to go about asking on his mind.

She understands nonetheless. "No we're in the clear, don't worry. I got an IUD after Betty was born, we had talked about another child so it seemed like the easiest option if we did end up deciding to have another. That didn't happen though."

"You wanted one more?"

"Yeah, I would have loved to have a boy. I mean I love my girls, don't get me wrong, they're my pride and joy, I just feel like having a boy would have been great too."

"Having a boy is all fun and games until he pees on you when you're changing his diaper." She laughs and he smiles. "Having a girl is fun too though, with the dolls and dress up, it's a blast."

"You have a daughter?" She questions.

"Yeah, Forsythia," he smiles at the mention of her. "She lives up with her mom in Toledo."

"Jeez, that's far. How often do you get to see her?"

"She comes and stays with me for a couple weeks in the summer and for some holidays. I got her for Christmas last year so that was pretty great." He grins. "Luckily my ex and I ended on good terms so there's some good communication there, and she lets me see her as often as possible."

"That's good, I'm glad." She smiles at him and then laughs a little. "I just can't believe you named your children Forsythe and Forsythia."

He chuckles. "Forsythe is a family name, I didn't think Gladys would be too keen on the idea, but she shockingly was. I suggested Forsythia as a joke but shockingly Gladys actually liked it."

"That's cute though, they both sort of get to carry on your family name. Where is your son by the way? Did you just sneak out of your house last night?"

"No, he stayed the night at a friends house. He'll be back around dinner time."

"Well then that means you can keep me company a little longer."

He smirks at her. "That it does. What should we do with the extra time?" He raises an eyebrow at her, knowing all too well how they'll be passing the time.

"Well, I'm sure we both need to freshen up a bit and I would hate to waste water."

"Understandable, showering together is the most eco-friendly option."

"Exactly. And, if we happen to do a little more than shower, that wouldn't be the worst thing."

"Agreed." He takes her hand, and she laughs as he leads her upstairs and into her en suite.