53/ Blame It On The Alcohol

"Are you all packed, honey?" Alice asks Betty as the girl comes into the living room.

"Yeah, I'm going to head over when V and Archie get here."

"Have fun," Alice smiles. "But not too much fun. No funny business, I'd rather not have any grandchildren from you for at least a few more years."

"Yes mom, I know. Besides, Veronica and Archie are staying over too so it's not like Juggie and I will be alone. Mr Jones doesn't allow us to be completely alone and the door has to stay open, just like here."

Alice smiles a little, at least she knows FP keeps an eye on them, not that she thought different of course. "Well that's good. I hope you know that I do trust you."

"I know, mom." Betty assures her with a smile. "Besides, I'm smart, I'm not ready for a baby yet so I'm very careful." Betty's cheeks heat up as she realizes what she said.

Alice cringes. "Well I'm glad."

A knock on the door interrupts the conversation and Betty hurries to answer it, finding Veronica and Archie there.

Alice stands up to greet them, especially Archie since the boy looks incredibly awkward and nervous standing in her house. "Hi Veronica."

"Hey Miss S."

"Hi Archie, how are you?"

"I'm good, thanks. You?"

"I'm great." She smiles at the teens. "You guys have a fun night planned?"

Veronica nods. "We went to the video store yesterday and rented a bunch of classics, plus a couple horror movies."

"Well that sounds like a fun night."

"We should probably get going, I told Juggie we'd be there soon." Betty pecks a quick kiss to Alice's cheek and slings her bag over her shoulder. "Bye mom, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye honey. Have fun kids."

She watches as Betty and the kids climb into the station wagon and she waits until she's sure they're gone to start getting ready.

She sends FP a quick text, letting him know the door is unlocked and to just let himself in when he gets there.

She touches up her hair and makeup, tousling her blonde locks to give it more of a messy, voluminous look, and she swipes on a deep red lip to top it off.

She hears the door open and grins when FP's voice rings through the otherwise silent house. "Al?"

"In my bedroom!"

He comes hurrying up the stairs and lets out a low whistle as he sets his eyes on her. "Holy shit."

She bites at her bottom lip as she turns to him. He's got on a pair of jeans and a tight fitting, black v-neck, which helps to emphasize the muscles in his arms and abdomen. Something she can definitely appreciate. "Is this too casual? I have other options."

"No, you look amazing. Fuck." He walks closer to her and looks at her up close. "How do you manage to make jeans and a plain white shirt sexy?" Her blouse is low cut and he can see a bit of her dark bra through the light colour of the shirt and it drives him wild. "Maybe we should just stay here, who needs a party?"

She giggles and stands up, wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing a kiss to his lips. She wipes away the smudge her lipstick left on him. "As tempting as that sounds, I'm looking forward to going out with you."

"Me too." He kisses her again. "Are you all set?"

"Yeah, just have to grab my shoes and jacket." She walks into her closet and grabs a leather jacket she owned in high school. "Can you hold this?"