64/ Above All

Jughead had taken the news of their relationship a lot better than Betty. Of course, it still wasn't something he was completely on board with, but after a long conversation with his dad about it, he promised to be open minded about it.

The first time she came over she made dinner for them and Jughead studied the way his dad looked at her. It was obvious to him that his dad was in love with her, and while Jughead wasn't thrilled about it, he could see how happy they made each other.

Still, it was awkward waking up and seeing your ex-girlfriends mom sitting on your couch cuddled up with your dad. Thankfully, they understood how it could be awkward for him, so whenever he was around they toned down the PDA.

The smell of bacon wakes him and he's up in an instant. He finds Alice in the kitchen though instead of his dad. He didn't know she was here, but judging by the flannel shirt and obviously too big sweatpants she's wearing, it's clear she slept over. She must of come over late last night.

She's been staying over more recently, or his dad has been going to stay with her, helping to ease the loneliness she feels with Betty being gone and ignoring her.

Alice hears the bedroom door open and she flipping her head around quickly. She gives him a smile. "Good morning."

"Morning, Alice." It still feels weird calling her that instead of Ms S like he was used to, but she insisted they be on a first name basis now. "I didn't know you were here." He says, surprising her by sitting down at the table, rather than heading into the living room to be alone.

"Your dad invited me over last night, there was a marathon of classic movies."

"Oh nice, any ones in specific?"

"Well the first one we watched was Rebel Without a Cause."

"Classic."

She smiles. "Then it was Casablanca, and then we fell asleep sometime during Bride of Frankenstein."

"Yeah dad's never been the biggest Frankenstein fan." Jughead says. "Sounds like a fun night though, I didn't know there was a marathon on, I would've been up all night."

"I believe there's some more on tonight, you're more than welcome to join us." She tells him. "If you want to of course."

He nods. "Yeah, that sounds nice."

Alice gives him a smile and turns her attention back to breakfast. "How do you like your eggs?"

"Scrambled." He stands up from his seat and walks over to the counter. "Do you want me to make some toast?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind, that'd be great."

They work on breakfast for a bit, making little conversation here and there. Turns out, Alice isn't as scary as he thought.

The bedroom door opens and they're soon greeted by FP. He grins when he sees Alice and she shares a similar smile as he walks over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pressing a kiss to her lips. "Well good morning, gorgeous."

She giggles and pecks another kiss to his lips. "Good morning."

He looks over at Jughead. "Well good morning, I'm not used to seeing you awake this early on a Saturday."

"The smell of bacon woke me up." Jughead says.

FP chuckles. "Yeah, it woke me up too."

"Oh honey, I told Jughead he could join us in watching some movies tonight." Alice tells him, watching as he fights back a huge grin.

"Yeah, that sounds great. I'm looking forward to it." He steps behind her as she gets back to work on breakfast and curls his arms around her from behind, pressing kisses up her neck. "Breakfast smells so good." He tells her. "You smell damn good too." He whispers lowly.

"I smell like you," she teases. "I look like you too. Next time, remind me to bring pyjamas."

"You should just leave some clothes here," he suggests. "You're here enough anyway, and there's plenty of room for some stuff in my dresser. I'll even clear you a drawer if you want."

Jughead tries not to listen to their conversation, noticing how they've both lowered their voices. It's so strange seeing his dad so blatantly head over heels in love. The idea of Alice moving some of her stuff in just proves to him that they're the real deal.

She looks at him in shock, eyes gleaming. "Really? You'd do that?"

"Of course. Babe, I want you to feel as comfortable as possible here."

"You should do the same at my place. I'll even get you some new body wash so you're not always smelling like flowers when you shower there."

"It's kind of grown on me, honestly." FP says, making her laugh. "I'm going to make some coffee."

He walks over to the coffee machine, next to where Jughead is standing making toast. He turns back towards Alice and sees she's focused on making breakfast. He lowers his voice as he looks back at Jughead. "How are you doing with all of this? I know it was kind of sprung onto you."

"I'm good," Jughead assures him. "I mean it was kind of surprising waking up and seeing her here but not a bad surprise. You make each other happy, that's all that matters."

"And you're okay if she stays over sometimes?"

"Just as long as you two remember the walls are thin, I'm fine with it." Jughead jokes, making him laugh.

"Got it."

"Breakfast is ready, guys." Alice announces.

"Looks amazing, Al." FP tells her.

"Yeah, Alice, looks great. Smells great too."

"Thank you. Help yourself to as much as you want, I made lots."

Jughead is happy to oblige, plating up his breakfast.

FP walks over to her as she's buttering a piece of toast and turns her face towards him, giving her a kiss. She melts into it for a moment and when they pull away she raises an eyebrow at him, a smile pulling on her lips. "What was that for?"

He smiles at her. "I just love you. Thank you."

She doesn't know what exactly he's thanking her for but she wraps her arms around him and gives him a smile. "It's my pleasure."