Chapter 32

I lie on my bed, "Haley."

"Avery..."

"Your going to tell me bad news aren't you? You still have the tell. You say my name first."

"Yeah it's bad Avery. He's not in town. People are saying he left for New York."

****The call @ Zayn's place****

"Hello?"

"Uh Avery. It's me Haley."

"Haley? Oh my gosh Haley." My heart is racing. She didn't send it in the mail she actually got my number and called me. "Haley how'd you get my number?"

"I called Chen. I figured this would be better than sending it in the mail."

I hold my breath. I don't know what to do or say. I left Haley a letter asking for her forgiveness. I really screwed up with her and I want her to forgive me.

"Haley please say something I'm freaking out here."

"I didn't call to talk about that. Honestly Avery I don't know if I'm ready to forgive and forget. You really betrayed me."

"I know Haley and I am so sorry."

"Wait Avery I called to warn you. Blane came by my house looking for you. He's been going around asking people about you and your family. I don't think he cares about the court order."

Zayn comes up behind me, "Are we cooking or do you want to go out and eat?"

I turn in an instant, "We'll talk later I can't talk about this right now." I hang up before she can respond and Zayn's eyebrow rises.

Blane is asking about me. Carly tried to warn me and I didn't think much of it. But Haley called just to tell me that. He's really looking for me.

"Is everything okay?"

"Huh uh yeah fine." I force a smile but it must not have been convincing. Zayn looks concerned.

Zayn walks over, "Your mum?"

"Uh yeah..." Regretfully I lie. "She wants me to go home."

"After breakfast. She's not home right?"

"Right."

****

I repeat, "He left for New York?" My chest begins rising high. Blane is coming, he's coming for me. I'm not sure whether to be happy or scared. He and I ended so badly and I'm already moving on. Oh my gosh Zayn! He'll hurt Zayn if he sees Zayn with me.

"Haley what do I do?"

"You got involved with this man Avery. It's up to you to end it."

The phone beeps and I'm left alone. Of course Haley would say that it's not like we're still friends. She still hates me. I drop my head onto my bed ready for my mind to explode. A light tap hits on the door making me jump.

My mom clears her throat, "It doesn't look like your doing school work."

"Because I'm not mom."

She walks in, "Are your friends coming over?" I shake my head no. "I like them."

"Yeah so do I mom. What's wrong why are you in here?"

"Don't be rude Avery." She sucks her teeth and sighs annoyingly loud to prove a point. "I feel like we don't talk. We used to talk."

We did. I was able to trust her with anything but that's changed. My mom didn't used to judge me either. But everything I do it's like I'm doing things to harm society. She thinks I'm the bad girl that starts trouble because of what I had done.