Chapter 38

Blane's POV

I seen her. I've been searching this entire place for her. I know I seen her. But I've lost her. I don't know where she is. I seen her hair and I could hear her laughter. I just can't find where the hell she went.

My heart has been aching for her. I shouldn't have said what I said I need to apologize to her. I need her to take me back. I need to feel her. I need her to tell me she loves me.

I follow behind a heap of girls laughing as they enter a movie theater. Inside the theater it's practically empty. Where is she? Please be here.

"Hey man can I help you with something?" A man approaches. His words are the British kind of English and he pronounced with wrong.

"It's with not wif." I tell him.

He raises a brow, "Okay...do you need help?" His name plate reads Zayn and I just want him to leave me the hell alone but God says be kind to his people.

"I'm just looking for someone."

"If its a she mate she's probably in the theater already. But I don't know what does she look like?"

I have pictures. "I can show you her and you tell me if you've seen her."

"Uh yeah sure..." I pull out my phone and go through my phone. As I get to photos I notice he is looking pass me.

"Uh yeah I have to clean a theater but maybe you can call her." He jogs over to a man holding a broom and I'm back to square one. I just need to find her.

I've gone through too much to not find her. I am close I know it.

I leave the movie theater to find a woman, "Have you seen this girl?" I show her a picture and she shrugs declining me.

Fuck! Avery where are you?!

Avery's POV

I wake up with him beside me. My eyes feel swollen my face feels hot and I just feel ugly. And the replay of yesterday goes on in my head. I could just cry again. His hand tugs at my waist.

"Wait."

I start to fight him on it but I can't because I don't have the energy to fight. To be honest I don't even want to fight. I just want to cry. She kicked me out. Does that make me homeless. Did they cut me off now or do I still have connections? Do I go back home?

"Zayn I just want to freshen up."

"Mhmm." He mumbles into the pillow.

I throw my hair up on the top of my head. I brush my teeth and wash my face. And I simply look at myself in the mirror. I look sad and swollen. I look as though I've gained in the last night. I am so stupid. Just as I am about to start to cry there is a knock.

I open the door and he looks at my face. His eyes searching and exploring my features. His hand cups my cheek and he walks into the bathroom to brush. I leave him there and sit on the couch. Normally I would hate for him to be seeing me without make up but all I want is to cry. I never thought my actions would get me here. She is my mom and I didn't think she would do this to me. I feel so stupid.

"You want to eat?" Zayn asks as he leaves the bathroom.

"I'm not hungry."

"Do you want to talk then?"

I nod my eyes developing tears at the thought of speaking about it. I start and all of a sudden I can't stop. I explain to him it all. How my mom and I's relationship has become estranged. How she can't trust me and how I kept things from her.

Zayn listens intently his fingers never unlacing from mine. Which I'm thankful for. I don't go into Blane or the fires I can't tell him that part yet.

"Why Avery?"

"Because I..."

His phone rings, "Ah shit I didn't go into work. And you had school today." He shakes his head, "You know your welcome to stay here Avery. I have to get ready for work. This convo isn't over."

"Okay..." I drop my face into my hands I won't cry until after he leaves. His fingers take hold of my chin.

"I'm not going in. For personal reasons." He says into the phone. He ends the call and places his lips to mine. "Let's go get your car unless it was towed away..."

And I suck in a breath. Ugh my car.