Chapter 2

I have no idea as to what to do now. I return my attention to the empty open locker.

"Do you need help with yours?" I ask him. He stands in front of it just looking at the students that pass by.

"No. I don't use it. I just came over here to scare you a bit."

I look at him, "To scare me why would you want to do that to someone."

"You were running..to school. I had a feeling that you were running from me." He tilts his head looking at me. "Was I wrong?"

"No." I keep my gaze in my locker. "But to be fair I thought you were a killing stalker."

He chuckles, "Me?" He runs a finger on his lips. "Okay I guess I can see how you would think that."

"Did you know the whole time?" I ask.

"Huh?" He says leaning onto his locker.

"Did you know the whole time that I was a student here?" He must have, to speak to me at the bus stop. Then to follow me all the way to my locker.

"I assumed." He points to my clothes, "You're wearing the Monday colors."

No other school does this. They literally have a different color for each school day. Monday is red. Tuesday is yellow. Wednesday is green. Thursday is blue. Friday is the school shirt and jeans. It's a bit excessive in my opinion.

I notice the walking in the halls speed up. So I gather my things putting some of the books in my locker. I slam it shut and I notice him jump.

"Well...I'll be seeing you." I say awkwardly. I'm not entirely sure what I should've said in that situation. I guess I could've said what normal people say. You know, bye. But it seemed like that would be rude to say. I walk off reading the numbers on the door in search of the classroom.

(•_•) <= HIS NAME IS SKIPP

I have nothing to really do in these classes. The teachers are teaching things I've never even learned in my old school. Especially social studies I've only learned about my towns wars and the mountains. Nothing about this Aztec Indians or Natives. I really just don't know this.

I haven't seen that Zayn kid in any of my classes yet. I was kind of hoping I'd get him in at least one. He was nice to me when no one else here seems to be. I haven't had a word spoken to me just stares. I have lunch towards the end of the day. Seriously what's with nine periods? My old school only had five.

I play with the tray sipping my sparkling ice. I spot his figure as he walks over to the vending machine.

He's in this lunch period. He is holding onto a water and...walking out of the building? A teacher is following behind him. He sits at a table and the man sits with him. I just watch, Zayn isn't even talking. He is just sipping his water. He looks into the cafeteria and it seems that he's looking right at me. But he makes no distinction, if he is looking at me.

My attention is taken when hands tap on the table. I turn abruptly to keep whoever it is from noticing my staring.

A girl. Long black hair and her grey eyes hide behind her glasses. Her lips are parted and her fingers are firm on the table.

"Hi, I'm Cassidy." She says.

"Hi I'm Avery." I play with the bottle in my hands. She sits at the table placing a book in front of her.

"Your new here." She says matter-of-factly. I know I'm the new girl. "I'm always here and I've never seen you before."

"Yeah. I moved here about a week-." She interrupts with a question of her own.