Chapter 31

I have spent my entire time with Wyatt but my mind has been stuck on Zayn. I don't know what to expect. Especially since this is my birthday. Zayn tells me it will be fun I am expecting greatness. For better wording I am expecting perfection. Zayn is perfection. He holds onto my hand and leads me to the garage. He looks around and then looks back at me. We are in my home garage not exactly sure how this could be fun but...

"Where's your car?"

I smile, "We came here for my car?"

"Well we need it otherwise we'll need to take a few trains to the suburbs."

"How far?"

"A few hours."

"This isn't an abduction I love you so much run away with me on your birthday kind of thing by any chance, right?"

He chuckles, "I don't even know what you said. So...no." He holds his hands up as we reach my car. "Keys?" I toss them to him and he smiles mischievously. Which could be because of the weird relationship between men and cars or just his plans for tonight.

(•_•)

He pulls up to this odd Game and Dine place. We are definitely not in the City anymore. He takes my hand in his leading me inside to the counter. His hand feels warm in mine and it's nice. That aside, I offered to pay but of course he declined. We start our night off eating pizza. The best part in my opinion. For once I don't talk as we eat. I am just admiring him and watching the way his jaw looks when he's chewing. It's quite adorable in a creepy way.

"Stop staring at me. Why don't we play the games now?" He asks.

Not even caring that he's seen me staring I shrug. "Yes. Yes what do you want to do first?"

"I have a game for you birthday girl." He smirks walking me over to the air hockey table. I roll up my sleeves, knowing how bad I am at this. I start us off by hitting the puck first. But he blocks it and hits the puck into my goal. Score 1 for him.

"You hit like a grandma." I say arrogantly.

He snickers and hits the puck harder my way. I raise my brow and smash it back just as hard except I miss. He scores good and laughs at my failure. I get the puck and hit it right into his goal. I jump up and squeal excited with my victorious shot.

"Wha-I wasn't ready." He whines. "Alright it's getting serious yeah." He stares at me pointing, "It might be your birthday Avery but I'm not in this to lose." Zayn runs his hands through his hair and hits the puck back. Finally, we got a good flow between us.

Zayn may have won this but I will win something. I take his hand dragging him while behind me he's bragging. I slide our card in the slot and pull down the miniature punching bag. He laughs looking at me with the brightest smile. The smallest dent forms on his cheek when he smiles and not any person that hadn't admired and stared at it could notice it.

"Your serious? Love I don't want to affend you here but I'm a man. Which means that I'm like genetically stronger." He laughs even harder. So I punch the bag with all my might making the numbers speed across glowing red. The number appears 853. I smirk at him and he licks his lips poking them out in the cutest way. He smiles nodding his head clearly surprised.

"Okay Avery I see." He touches the bag fixing it again and looks over his shoulder at me. I bite down on my lip and he looks over my face his lengthy eyelashes moving slightly as he admires me.

He punches the bag and the number appears 987.

"Sorry baby girl."

Then he takes my waist. His hand making it warm just at my side and the feeling in my fingers begin buzzing. He acts as if he hasn't noticed so I pretend I don't either. Zayn comes up to a line. I read the sign and immediately start jumping up and down.

Lazer Tag!

"Zayn!"

"You and I will be on different teams what do you think?" He says.

"Okay." I snicker. I'm so winning this. He and I both go into the dark room after flashing our card and tags. I stand still looking at the glowing neon painted room. He places the vest on my shoulders and closes the straps. He caresses my cheek smiling and walks away getting his own vest. He puts on the vest and attempts fixing his already perfect hair.

We are shooting each other for a little while until I stop. I hide behind a wall to catch my breath. Then his hands take me by my waist and pushes me up against the wall using his hand to hold us up. Zayn's lips connect to mine and brings his two fingers to hold my chin up.

He whispers, "Happy Birthday Avery."

"Thank you."

He looks in my eyes, "Avery will you go out with me?"

"Uh huh." I smile when I see the look on his face. "Yes, definitely."

He comes in again to kiss me again and I shoot him right on his shoulder and I watch as his light goes out.

****

I sit in the passenger seat my head facing him as his jacket lays over me. His eyes are focused on the road. His lit cigarette in between his fingers hanging outside the window. This is my boyfriend, the perfect boy is mine.

"You had fun yeah?"

"Yes thank you."

"I wanted you to have fun."

"I did, Zayn." I whisper. My voice is low and I'm feeling tired. I reach my hand over to him and he takes it. He glances at me and he returns our tangled hands to his lap. His hand is different from Blane. His is-I don't even know.

"Get some sleep Avery. I'll tell you when we're back."

"Are we staying at your place?" I ask. Looking at him my eye lashes batting ever so slowly. My eyelids are feeling extremely heavy. He looks at me doing a double take. "Hmm?"

He chuckles, "I don't know if that's a good idea."

"We're just going to sleep Zayn. I'll..." I break into a yawn. "...be home alone."

I didn't get to hear his reply. I fell asleep. I shift and feel for the material. The cushion of the blanket is certainly not mine. I open my eye and the room isn't my own. But instead of frowning and worrying I smile. I know where I am. I am at Zayn's apartment again.

I walk out of the room, "Zayn?" I make a quick run to his bath room and my toothbrush that I bought last time is still here. For some reason that makes me happy. Not like he would've gotten rid of it. After brushing my teeth I go into the livingroom. He is laying right on the couch. His eyelashes are so long they are most definitely longer then mine. The stubble on his face has really grown out, he looks super hot.

I inch closer to him my face literally centimeters away from his. "Zayn."

He grunts something and turns. His lips are in a pucker and he looks adorable. His high prominent cheekbones and hidden jaw. Admirring him my fingers reach to feel his cheeks. He smirks at my touch still not bothering to open his eyes.

"Zayn?"

"Hmm?"

"Wake up."

"What for?" He grumbles.

"I want to go out and get something to eat."

"Okay." He grumbles and so I sit back and wait. After a good twenty minutes I come back.

"Zayn!" I whine with a little laughter escaping. "Wake up! I'm starving!" He sits up and repeatedly blinks away his sleep. He surely is not smiling. I touch the corners of his mouth poking it. I just want him to smile he has a beautiful smile. Immediately, he starts to smile.

"Avery, what are you doing?"

"I want you to smile. Smile Zayn."

"For what?"

"It's the morning that's why. Smile just because."

"I'll smile because your here but that's it. No other bloody reason." He leaves me to go to the bathroom and his last comment gives me flutters in my belly. Then my phone rings.

"Hello?"

"Uh Avery. It's me Haley."

"Haley? Oh my gosh Haley."