Chapter 40

The ride was the longest but being with him in the car talking and laughing. It was so nice I enjoyed every second of it. It allowed me to forget what we were actually doing. I am going to meet his entire family. Well most of them. I am honestly a little afraid.

What if they ask my age?! What if they ask how we met?! What if they find out Zayn is my teacher or what if--they probably know all of these things. Or they don't.

What if they looked me up like how Aman did and find out about the fire. What if they bring it up and he doesn't know. I'll have to tell him then. I'm not ready to tell him.

"What's going on? I can practically hear you thinking." He jokes.

I chuckle lightly, "Well...I'm nervous."

"Little Avery? The bad girl Avery...is nervous. Nervous to meet my family." He says his lips puckered and every word spilling with the Bradford accent.

"Yes I am nervous and sense when have I been bad girl?!"

He smirks parking the car in a drive way of a beautiful home. Big house with gray paint and black shutters. It's an average home I'd expect in the suburbs. Something I just might see in Wisconsin actually. It's cute it doesn't scream wealth and it doesn't scream poor. It's average and very homie.

"This is a nice place."

"I'm sure you've seen better."

"But I like this one...its homie."

"Thank you." His mother says coming from the side of the house. He comes around and takes my hand leading me inside the house following behind his mother.

***

The inside of the house was a tad cluttered with suitcases and people all over. The corner of the room has a plant hanging as it grows. The main room has wooden flooring, open long vast windows and baby blue painted walls. The decorating is based around the blue walls. Brown oak colored decorations with the twist of sea blue and baby blue. There are photos all over the house in frames. I walk in further to see a picture of a little boy on the lap of a man.

"They're here!" His mother says cheerily to everyone in the home.

Some shouts were made by some of the guys, "Ahhh DJ Malik!!!"

I turn to Zayn whose head is dropped in shame. He lifts it revealing the very smirk that means he was laughing.

"Aye lads!" He says to the people that have gotten up and invaded the small space at the entry way.

A girl that looks nothing like Zayn comes through people pushing them aside, "Make way let his sisters see him first!" She engulfs him in a hug. "What took you so bloody long?! We're all hungry here!"

But it sound more like, "Whawt tooook you sew bloody lonk! Where all hunkreh heah!"

Her accent is absolutely adorable.

"Why thank you."

I chuckle at myself for saying my thoughts aloud, "Uh your welcome... sorry...hi, I'm Avery."

"Avahree." She says.

"I like the way you say my name."

Zayn looks at me, "I think she's falling for you, Donyia."

Slightly embarrassed I feel my cheeks heat up. I avert my eyes to the floor. My lips feeling as though they could drop to the shape of an "o" and my tooth catches hold of it. I scratch at my brow and they all chuckle around me.

"Don't worry about him love, we all know Zen is just jealous!" Walihya says. She pulls on her pony as she raises her brow teasingly at her brother.