Chapter 6

I hate this school. I was stuck wearing these extremely tight shorts. It fit but then it was too small. So she gave me a longer pair of shorts that were too tight. I am happy to have the day come to it's end. I practically watched Zayn the entire lunch period while Wyatt and Cassidy talked about books.

I walk out of the school hurrying to the bus stop until a kid approaches. Tall, broad shoulders, and very perky lips. He smiles adjusting the straps of his tank top. His smile is big and bright.

"Hey!" He shouts.

I stop, "Yeah?"

He runs up to me, "I'm Corwin Fischer. I heard you were new to the school."

"Yes. I'm Avery." I say remembering this brown haired guy from gym. "You and I share a gym period."

"Uh yeah." He shifts from one foot to the other. "Are you single?"

I laugh, "Yes. Is someone interested?"

He licks his lip, "Would you want to hang out today? I mean if your not busy." I smile almost feeling bad for what I'm about to say.

"Uh no sorry." I walk ahead and meet with Zayn at the bus stop. I see the smoke of his cigarette before I actually see him. "Hey."

He smiles, "Hey." He takes a drag of his cigarette. But he smiles at me afterward. "Do you want to go now?"

I chuckle holding onto the ends of my skirt. I smile guiltily, "I forgot where we said we were going." He snickers. "So where are we going?"

"We never said." He takes another drag of his cigarette and looks over his shoulder.

"Oh do you want to go to the zoo? I haven't went yet. I want to go." He licks his lips and smiles.

"You want to go to the zoo?" I nod and he smiles. He drops his cigarette onto the ground stomping on it. "Why don't we go tomorrow? Hmm. It's free on Wednesdays." The bus screeches in front of us. I step onto the bus and he follows. I take a seat and he sits beside me.

"It is? Yeah then let's go on Wednesday." Thats his way of asking for another date. It's cute.

"So Zayn yesterday we talked about me. Can we talk about you?" He smiles so I choose to continue. "How long have you been here?"

"Uh since I was a boy. Secondary school I was like 14." He says. He looks like he wants to smoke again.

"Explains why your accent is so rich." I raise my brows at him playfully. "I'm guessing you're from England am I right?" I'm just not sure which part. It's no accent I've ever heard.

"Yes." He stares at me again an expression of benign. "Bradford. No one really knows it. So it's okay if you don't know it."

I smile apologetically, "I'm sorry." I laugh, "I don't know it." I shake my head. After another awkward silence I shrug. "So what will we do today?"

He looks at me with his lips slightly parted, "We can go to the park."

"The park. Okay it's almost as cool as a zoo it's just missing the sexy animals."

He says, "I'm going with you so sexy animal is covered." I laugh realizing he was talking about himself.

"Okay so what's your favorite animal?"

Not even trying he nips on his lip and shrugs, "I don't know uh what's yours?"

"Panthers. They're black and slick. I think they'd protect me if I were to live in the jungle." I say. He laughs and it's such a beautiful sound I don't get why he doesn't do it often.